Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default FBI classifies Juggalos as a ‘gang’

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...201339557.html

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/pu...g%20Trends.pdf

"The FBI has classified fans of the Detroit-based hip-hop band Insane Clown Posse--who call themselves Juggalos and paint their faces like their heroes--as a violent, fast-growing "gang" worth monitoring."

Anyone who listens to their music a little harder would realize their music urges people to change their life for the better before it all comes down...at least that how i interpret most of it

I tried listening to their music once. I became violent with my radio.

haha...i took me awhile to find 5 songs i could tolerate. i haven't listened to their stuff for at least 5 years

lilpup Guest

Does this mean Faygo is now a lethal weapon?

They actually have fans?

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Anyone who listens to their music a little harder would realize their music urges people to change their life for the better before it all comes down...at least that how i interpret most of it
    All the more reason for the FBI to monitor them. That is downright subversive.

I am glad the FBI has wiped out domestic terrorism and served all the violent criminal warrants they have so that they now have time for this vital Detroit-originated national security threat.

I think all clowns should be considered a threat.

401Don, I think you're on to something.

Oh yeah, also...
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/113213/sat...round-festival

Its possible for two things to be true at once -- or false at once.

The FBI can be paranoid and over-reaching. Seeing conspiracies where there are just fun-loving clowns.

And fun-loving clowns can have some tendencies to act collectively and, say, break a few windows as a group outside of a concert -- rather like an informal 'gang'.

Its not bad for the FBI to be keeping an eye on activity that can be collective and flirts w/ violence [[and yes, Juggalos do).

But its paranoid for them to take a few isolated incidents and create a 'gang' to justify their jobs.

We need our police agencies to do a good balancing job. Don't be paranoid. But don't miss the formation of a 'gang' of say, young men just hanging out listening to a radical urge destruction of the government and then driving a truck of fertilizer somewhere.

The juggalos I've known are not a threat, they'd just as soon try to smoke that fertilizer than mix it to make it explode.

Plus, one runs the renowned CERN fansite that most of CERN itself now uses to navigate their own database collection.

From what I can tell, it is also a matter of quantity with the Faygo product, there should be some consideration over those 2- and 3-liter bottle sales...but those of us who only buy the glass-bottled real cane-sugar original formula should get a pass from this federal oversight. LOL...Faygo as accomplice, tee-hee.

Throughout that whole series of albums, the last one was supposedly the ringer...which turned out to be a wringer instead. Does anyone know if their message from that last album was sincere or not...that they were 'all along' acting like thugs to get the attention of those they wanted to reach with "God's Message of Truth and Love and better behavior". I'm still confused by that one...because the only song I ever REALLY listened to of theirs is "Ain't Yo' Bidness", which was remastered and included on a DTS demo disc from the Consumer Electronics Show. Yes, its inclusion was instigated by the CERN guy, one of the best video technicians and calibrators in the world.

Cheers,
    John

Cheers,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    The juggalos I've known are not a threat, they'd just as soon try to smoke that fertilizer than mix it to make it explode....
    Totally agree. But totally irrelevant. Most Muslims I know also are not a threat. Neither are tea-partiers I know. Or Occupy protesters. [[aside: I detest those interviews with friends/family after some fool kills a boatload of people who say 'he was such a nice kid'.)

bartock Guest

If I were the type to run around spraying Faygo, wear clown paint, and listen to a couple of 40ish charlatan marketers spew horror-rap, I'd probably think this was pretty cool.

Ravine Guest

The truly unfortunate aspect of this matter is that by issuing such a pronouncement, the FBI severely devalues the import of their word.
    The Juggalos are just a pack of losers. They may find some comfort from the relative strength of a certain "mob mentality" when there are a bunch of them together in one place. So, they raise some hell, it looks like a gang.
    But the FBI should know the difference; apparently, they don't, so the next time the FBI expresses an opinion, I'll remember this moment.
    Ever notice that nobody, when out-of-costume, ever owns up to being a Juggalo?
    I heard a jackass on the radio, once, calling in to declare his allegiance to ICP & the Juggalos; he repeatedly whimpered out the phrase, "I'm down, I'm down," seeming near tears as he used that phrase to assert his clearly heartfelt pledge.
    I sorta felt bad for the guy.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

And here I thought the unmarked gov cars parked by the gas station at 8 and John R were there to bust the trappers. I should have knocked on their window and pointed towards the trailer park.

The FBI should investigate the Justin Bieber followers, much scarier to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    The FBI should investigate the Justin Bieber followers, much scarier to me.

Yes, I'm afraid we might be in for major rioting once the 12 year old girls notice his first pimple.

The shrieks alone could probably break a lot of windows...