Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The story that has Youtube on fire. A JUDGE whipping his daughter.

Words fail me...

WARNING. THIS IS A DISTURBING VIDEO!!

2004: Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time. She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father's backwards views. The judge's wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge's wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist. Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can't even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself. Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again. His "judgement" is a giant farce. Signed, Hillary Adams, his daughter.

I replied to the video on youtube. Two minutes later my message fell to page 10....

Edit:
    I removed the last remark I posted, it made me look as bad as him.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; November-02-11 at 05:05 PM.

oh my, this is just awful.....

lit joe Guest

When I was 13 my step father cut the shrit off my back with a belt. My dear mother kept me out of school for a month to heal. I never forgot when I got out of the navy I came a callin on the bastard, What I found was a old man who was hit in the head with a steel beam and screwed for life. God beat me to it, but it was sweet.

Nothing's wrong with a good whipping if a child does something out right defiant, but yeah, this case is way out of bounds given the background. I mean really, the child already can't help being fascinated by technology due to health problems beyond her control, but then he beats the living hell out of her for just surfing the internet and doing something that's, while technically illegal, will probably not lead to much else in terms of punishable crime since millions of people do so without getting caught.

Then again it is Arkansas...
    Last edited by 313WX; November-02-11 at 09:00 PM.

I hope that son of a bitch fries in hell

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Nothing's wrong with a good whipping if a child does something out right defiant, but yeah, this case is way out of bounds given the background. I mean really, the child already can't help being fascinated by technology due to health problems beyond her control, but then he beats the living hell out of her for just surfing the internet and doing something that's, while technically illegal, will probably not lead to much else in terms of punishable crime since millions of people do so without getting caught.

Then again it is Arkansas...
    This is NOT Arkansas, it's Aransas County, Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    This is NOT Arkansas, it's Aransas County, Texas.
    Same thing [[with regards to the backwards culture).

Occurrence Guest

Any word on what happened to this Judge? That almost seems like ground for child abuse.

the daughter and mother were just on the today show. the "father" said there's an explanation for what happened!? guess he's cancalled all his cases and hasn't been seen lately.

I just watched the interview on the Today show with the daughter. Those parents out to be banished from public life forever. And what a Psycho - Sexual drama that was. That man is a judge who punishes the general public ? Make him the new Texas Govenator. Extra smoke from "The Chair".

Police investigate Texas judge over video beating.

Aransas County Sheriff Bill Mills said that since the video was posted, William Adams has received threatening phone calls and faxes at the courthouse.

"People are upset, understandably upset. But emotions can't really run this thing," Mills said.
    It seems emotions are everything to do about this, Sheriff.Watch the video.

http://tinyurl.com/Judge-Dred-2

Ravine Guest

I am disgusted by the video. Still, I would like to hear some explanation for the 7-year gap. There is a reason for that, and I'm suspecting that the reason is significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    I am disgusted by the video. Still, I would like to hear some explanation for the 7-year gap. There is a reason for that, and I'm suspecting that the reason is significant.
    The girl said she wanted to wait until she was a legal adult?

The irony is that he's a family law judge that deals with child abuse. My guess is that he's put people away for abusing their kids.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-beat-...ry?id=14873563

It was shot in 2004 by a secret camera Hillary set up when she anticipated her father might beat her. She said the beatings were a regular part of her life during those years, but she did not publish the video until now because she feared it would incite more violence, according to the interview. Hillary and her mother, Hallie Adams, have since moved out of the family home.

I suspect these things happen more than we know.

There's a certain defiant, self-righteous psychology driving these people. They believe they're in the right. They are wary of others' meddling in what they see as their private family affairs. This leads to a secrecy that undercounts the true frequency of these attacks.

Hat's off to the girl for the foresight and courage to collect the evidence and blow the whistle. Hopefully it will teach other parents some humility before they cross that abusive line.

There has to be some way to get into their heads the idea that violence is never the solution. Punishing them may reinforce their warped beliefs. Maybe public scorn would be more effective? That would likely ramp up their defiance. Overwhelming that defiance seems to be the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Police investigate Texas judge over video beating.

Aransas County Sheriff Bill Mills said that since the video was posted, William Adams has received threatening phone calls and faxes at the courthouse.

It seems emotions are everything to do about this, Sheriff.Watch the video.

http://tinyurl.com/Judge-Dred-2

It is insane to think that the Sheriff of a small town or city will press charges against the local judge. They are friends.

The State's Attorney General have to step in. But, let's remember this is Texas. So there is the likelihood that nothing will happen to him.

A lot of Michiganders move to Texas for jobs. I just can't move to a backward culture. I wouldn't do it.

Parents must understand that at during the teen years, children can reason.

So, talk to them and restrict privileges.

Beating teenagers only leads to rebellion.

If instead of being a helpless teenage girl had the victim been a 6'8" 320 pound pro football lineman would his honor have beaten him? Told to bend over and take it like a man?

No. The only reason these people attack children is because they are bigger and stronger. Period. They are cowards and border on perversion. This one got caught.

Apparently Aransas County is hearing about it as described in this plea.

N E W S R E L E A S E

County of Aransas, 301 N. Live Oak, Rockport, Texas 78382

Aransas County Judge C. H. "Burt" Mills, Jr., 361-790-0100

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    November 2, 2011

ARANSAS COUNTY, TEXAS - Judge Burt Mills has today announced that Aransas County is aware of the video posted on YouTube regarding County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams, and the matter is now under review by the Police Department. Please refrain from communication with County offices or the Sheriff's Department on this matter until the review has been completed. Calls, emails, and faxes only create disruptions for other ongoing county business. The public's cooperation would be most appreciated.

http://www.aransascountytx.gov/courtatlaw/

Rollo Tomasi - the one who gets away with it...

US attorney: no federal offense in Texas beating

But hey, this IS the State of Texecution.