Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Packard plant owner Casab turns self in for stolen property - Detroit News

I am beginning to think Mr. Casab may be contending for a seat in the Detroit Rogue's Gallery further complicating the future of the Packard Plant.

The development comes six months after U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents carried out high-profile raids of Casab's home, medical marijuana facilities and other residential and commercial properties across Wayne and Oakland counties.

The stolen property charge stems from items found by agents during the raids. The case — involving automotive parts — was turned over to Walled Lake police in May, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

From The Detroit News

Occurrence Guest

Raiding medical marijuana clinics. How honorable. I feel much safer now.

I didn't get the feeling that article meant that medical marijuana facilities were raided due to some marijuana violation but that all his facilities were raided and those facilities might be possible hiding places for stolen property.

However, by mentioning them specifically, the article is confusing.

Casab is not a legal owner so no plant search and no effect on the future progress/plans,the newspaper threw that in to grab attention.

...further complicating the future of the Packard Plant.
    I'd say this arrest makes things far less complicated, not more.