Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default WSU Researcher Helping to put alt. power on the grid

http://www.michiganpositive.com/featuredstories.htm#wsu

A Wayne State University researcher is developing a strategy that manages new and old energy sources in one dynamic, integrated system that's more efficient and reliable than current energy distribution.

Retroit Guest

Haven't the power companies already figured out how to do this? It's not like wind turbines have never been hooked up to the grid before, or existing plants have never been shut down. Sounds like another make-money-off-the-government-by-inventing-a-study-that-is-not-needed scheme.

Default WSU is not...

...ripping off the government. Read the article.

Here's my quick 2 cents. I think wind technology will continue to improve over the years, but not as much as other power generating technology. I personally believe homeowners will opt for photovoltaics now that they have begun to come down in price and are becoming more reliable. If you live in an urban area, its sometimes difficult to insure against property damage or injuring someone if your wind turbine falls off the roof or breaks apart on a windy day.

I agree with the few posts here, I feel like what he is doing has been done, especially with other alternative energy source breakthroughs made in Michigan in the past few years.