Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Here we go again! Another La Nina Winter is coming.

In Michigan:

During the month of November, this state would get some seasonal warmth from 60s to mid 50s last til the middle of month. By late November temperatures will decline to lower 50s to near upper 40s from lower 40s to upper 30s. This state might get one winter weather advisory or a winter storm watch by late November.

During the month of December La Nina might warm up the temperatures to early 50s to upper 40s for only couple of weeks. By mid December temperatures will plummet to upper 30s to upper 20s By the first day of Winter. By late December temperatures will by steady from the upper 20s to the mid teens. We will get at least more snow showers, two winter weather advisories, one Winter Storm Watch and a Winter Storm Warning before the coming 2012 new year.

By January there will be one quick thaw for only one week. Then we must preapare a one blizzard warning, two proposed winter storm watches and one Winter Storm Warining. Metro-Detroit will be the next hot spot for 1.5 to 2ft. feet of snow. There will be more below freezing arctic chill that would cover the intire state. This arctic freeze out will last to late February.

During the month of Feburary. the arctic freze out the last most of the month. This state will get another blizzard warning and more snow showers after the great blizzard one winter storm watch and a warning by later months.

By early March La Nina will slowly warming up the temps to upper 30s, mid 40s by mid March, This state will get one more winter storm watch before some more snow showers and rain showers by late March.

Be prepare for worst times ahead.
    Last edited by Danny; November-01-11 at 10:30 AM.

NOW I get it! DANNY is Sonny Elliott.

Well at least this will be our last winter...according to the Mayans.

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?10473-We-are-going-to-have-a-La-Nina-Summer&highlight=nina+summer

In Michigan we will get some storms at least 4 days a week. Temperatures will ranging from near 90 degrees for 2 days at a time to upper 70s for 3 days at a time. No major long heat wave in that state.
    You we wrong this summer!

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    In Michigan:

During the month of November, this state would get some seasonal warmth from 60s to mid 50s last til the middle of month. By late November temperatures will decline to lower 50s to near upper 40s from lower 40s to upper 30s. This state might get one winter weather advisory or a winter storm watch by late November.

During the month of December La Nina might warm up the temperatures to early 50s to upper 40s for only couple of weeks. By mid December temperatures will plummet to upper 30s to upper 20s By the first day of Winter. By late December tempers will by steady from the upper 20s to the mid teens. We will get at least more snow showers, two winter weather advisories, one Winter Storm Watch and a Winter Storm Warning before the coming 2012 new year.

By January there will be one quick thaw for only one week. Then we must preapare a one blizzard warning, two proposed winter storm watches and one Winter Storm Warining. Metro-Detroit will be the next hot spot for 1.5 to 2ft. feet of snow. There will be more below freezing arctic chill that would cover the intire state. This arctic freeze out will last to late February.

During the month of Feburary. the arctic freez out the last most of the month. This state will get another blizzard warning and more snow showers after the great blizzard one winter storm watch and a warning by later months.

By early March La Nina will slowly warming up the temps to upper 30s, mid 40s by mid March, This state will get one more winter storm watch before some more snow showers and rain showers by late March.

Be prepare for worst times ahead.
    The amount of snow is always variable, but this just sounds like a typical winter.

From what NOAA said a month ago, temps might well be on the mild side, precipitation on the high side. this month they changed it to on the cool side. next month? sorry, but they can't predict the weekend on tuesday.

[[my buddy in the NMOC ran the data but added gulf temps to it -- the result was warmer gulf weather coming into the great lakes pushing the jet stream north, boosting temps for Michigan, increase precipitation in the entire region. this means probably more rain than snow for us, unfortunately for Chicago, that could result in a near-permanent trough in the stream, with N. IL right in the bottom of the bucket, resulting in huge amoounts of cold and snow for them - someone keep an eye on this post to see who is better)

I was right! The result is that Michigan has gotten at least 4 storms a week, a short term heatwave, exteme drought in Texas ans some parts of desert southwest ans the south. That was a La Nina Summer.

what about the long heatwave? how many consecutive 90 + days were there this summer?

Remember that 60+ degree [[67 degrees at midnight for me), New Years Eve we had a few years ago? I couldn't care less about a temporary climate shift, but long term is the problem. It's November, and I'm sitting on my outdoor porch enjoying every minute of this weather today!

Also - I can deal with snow, but ice storms are the worst problem. Limited utility backup causes massive backlogs for power restoration. Look at what happened to New England a week ago. I now have a generator, but gas at $3.50 a gallon running 24/7 for a week? C'mon. And when the power goes out for me, I only have one local gas station for gas - who's power is also out. Otherwise, a 12 mile ride to wait in line for gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Also - I can deal with snow, but ice storms are the worst problem. Limited utility backup causes massive backlogs for power restoration. Look at what happened to New England a week ago. I now have a generator, but gas at $3.50 a gallon running 24/7 for a week? C'mon. And when the power goes out for me, I only have one local gas station for gas - who's power is also out. Otherwise, a 12 mile ride to wait in line for gas.
    My wife's family lives in CT. Power has been out for a week and probably won't be back up for another week.

Winter in Las Vegas?

Daily high, low sixties. Daily low, high thirties. Daily sunshine guaranteed. Snow? About an inch every third year, which is gone by noon. Utility lines all underground, but with no storms anyway, no big deal.

Hey, I paid my dues back in Michigan for 47 years. I deserve this.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    what about the long heatwave? how many consecutive 90 + days were there this summer?
    For 2 days at a time.

Hey, I paid my dues back in Michigan for 47 years. I deserve this.
    Ray - I don't blame you one bit. Give us your local weather for those of us that don't fly out every week to throw money away. [[Unlike those of us that do it for utilities anyway).

lit joe Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I'm in texas now we lose power a lot. Pine trees falling on lines. You got to store gas at least 25 to 50 gallons.

store gas at least 25 to 50 gallons.
    I think DTE and other providers, should give a once a year 10 gallon gas discount to people with a generator receipt. When you expect to lose power at least five days a year, average, than they can cough up 10 cents a gallon, [[a dollar), for that inconvenience.
    Last edited by Bigb23; November-03-11 at 09:12 AM.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    For 2 days at a time.
    There were 7 consecutive days of 90+ degrees in July, and half the month was in the 90s. Two of those 7 days hit 100.

Quote Originally Posted by EL Jimbo View Post
    Well at least this will be our last winter...according to the Mayans.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science...aya-2012_n.htm
    Maya civilization, known for advanced writing, mathematics and astronomy, flourished for centuries in Mesoamerica, especially between A.D. 300 and 900. Its Long Count calendar, which was discontinued under Spanish colonization, tracks more than 5,000 years, then resets at year zero. "For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies in Crystal River, Fla. To render Dec. 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

I just want a 50 degree weather for the rest of my life. -10 below does not do it. Frost on my headboard or pillows does not do it. Crispy walking around my neighborhood does not do it. Happy dogs in snow cheer me. Moody neighbors in the snow do not cheer me. Life now cheers me .Alot better than one year ago.

I'm may be heading up this month, does anyone know approximately when it will start snowing?

Quote Originally Posted by riviera View Post
    I'm may be heading up this month, does anyone know approximately when it will start snowing?
    Approximately? I'd say December.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Approximately? I'd say December.
    Not quite good enough, Pammerific One.

Approximately which week of December?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Not quite good enough, Pammerific One.

Approximately which week of December?
    I don't know. Ask Danny.

We might get a little snow this week, Thursday night. Let's hope it is just a taste.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I don't know. Ask Danny.
    Oh, right. You just want me to do that, don't you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast