Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What Sorority Is Mrs. Kwame Kilpatrick In Again?

Oh, just something happening around the Dallas area recently.

Wondering if the Kwhamster learned something new while in the joint.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything.

Cheers,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; October-26-11 at 12:29 AM.

I think it is cute the way Wikipedia almost ignores the time he spent in that UP prison where he was busted for having a cell phone. LOL...and they don't say exactly when he got out of his second sentence, the one where he couldn't dictate the temperature of his cell and get take-outs from Fishbones.

So, he was only out for six of these eleven months.

OK. Where was Big-headed Grampa Bernard during this time?!

Again, I'm not accusing anyone of anything. This is only in fun, although with a tender topic.

I was right on the sorority thing, though. It is pretty creepy.

No more cheers...

Listen, Gannon. I dislike Kwame immensely, think he was corrupt as hell, and that he set our city back tremendously with his crimes. That said, implying that he is targeting and raping women in Dallas without evidence is despicable. The article you link to even lists the suspect as between 5'6" and 6'. I think KK is like 6'4". There are plenty of reasons to not like KK without making them up. I hope they catch and fry the rapist in Dallas. When they do, I am sure it won't be Kwame.

She is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha. The rapist is targeting members of Delta Sigma Theta.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    She is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha. The rapist is targeting members of Delta Sigma Theta.
    Actually, Carlita Kilpatrick is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. According to this article, Carlita was active with the sorority's Detroit Alumnae chapter.
    http://michigancitizen.com/detroit-d...y-p4094-73.htm

Who cares?? I mean why keep bringing up KK, and what him or his family is doing every minute of the day? We all know he's a despicable, manipulator, I'm just tired of hearing his name. He'll get his, as my Mother would say "What goes around, comes around"

Quote Originally Posted by girlwithemail View Post
    Actually, Carlita Kilpatrick is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. According to this article, Carlita was active with the sorority's Detroit Alumnae chapter.
    http://michigancitizen.com/detroit-d...y-p4094-73.htm
    Then I stand corrected. I read an article a few years back [[I think while they were still in Detroit) that I thought said she was an AKA.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Who cares?? I mean why keep bringing up KK, and what him or his family is doing every minute of the day? We all know he's a despicable, manipulator, I'm just tired of hearing his name. He'll get his, as my Mother would say "What goes around, comes around"
    Ditto...

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Then I stand corrected. I read an article a few years back [[I think while they were still in Detroit) that I thought said she was an AKA.
    What difference does it make what sorority she's in? AKA or DST do you really care? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    What difference does it make what sorority she's in? AKA or DST do you really care? I don't.
    No, I don't care either. But I also didn't start this thread... I'm just commenting on the details. I thought the o/p had his info mixed up, but it was apparently me who had my own info mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    What a silly thread. What does this have to do with anything?

I am a Delta. So are Carlita, Christine Beatty, and for that matter, Kym Worthy. We are all in the same chapter. So are a great deal of other African American professional women in Detroit... hundreds of us.

Someone is obviously bored.

No further comment.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    What a silly thread. What does this have to do with anything?

I am a Delta. So are Carlita, Christine Beatty, and for that matter, Kym Worthy. We are all in the same chapter. So are a great deal of other African American professional women in Detroit... hundreds of us.

Someone is obviously bored.

No further comment.
    Yes I was bored and decided to interject a "little" humor...oh well I guess I failed....
    Last edited by MidTownMs; October-26-11 at 02:20 PM.

Well, I think that if you were a Delta living in DALLAS [[another "D") you would be very interested in this topic. Gannon was just pointing out that a famous former Detroiter Delta now lives in the big D where Deltas are now advised to hide their sorority affiation. He thought it was an interesting story. It may or may not be interesting to you, but no need to be so dismissive.

You will get quickly dismissed by anyone in a private association if you presume to report anything authoritative about an organization that's private.

The topic is presumptuous at best, and offensive at worst. Some of you may think it's funny to use assaults against women as a source for your idle amusement, but it's sick.

As for the rest -- the fact that anyone active in a Black Greek organization actually hides their affiliation is laughable, and this weird assertion that WE didn't know about what was going on in Texas, when our sisters are being targeted says more about you than it does about any of us.

This thread is in very poor taste. Joking/Making Light, in any way, about a situation where women are being violently attacked is ALWAYS in poor taste whether it includes a reference to the much maligned former mayor of Detroit or Joe Blow.

Yes, Mam, you're right.

But there was no way I'd see the triangulation of coincidence and not report it. Any way I approached it was dangerous, but there are shorter men in the Kilpatrick clan. At least I already know I've pissed Kwhyme and his pappy off once and again, so they're fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Location. Timing. Association with a group that may have been taking some of Carlita's time, and hopefully probably advising her to turn tail and leave the habitual cheater and lout. Someone related or close with someone active in alumni activities, because of the personal details claimed to be known by the assailant [[not in question because he obviously found each of the poor four women who have been attacked so far).

Who knows?! The jerk who is doing these...and it will be a great day when he is found...exposed...and prosecuted. It would be better for him that the police find him than any of the husbands of those targeted, I'd bet.

Sincerely,
    John