Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Kid Rock Video Backdrop?

That's what my little birdies are saying. Anyone out there.know anything? Being worked on today.

I hope not. I think he will be starting to overplay the hometown angle if he does any more of these videos.

Ya he is shooting the video for his song CARE this week there ....the dude does a ton for the city ...he puts his money where his mouth is ...KEEP IT BOBBY and thanks for all u do for the city of DETROIT and the state of michigan

Romeo-atcha

HKYTWN is exactly right. I received an e-mail about that last week. The video shoot is tomorrow I believe.

Disappointing...I thought it was Occupy DET doing that...

Occurrence Guest

After all these years after the Statler debacle, that stupid building is STILL sitting there like that?

The city looked better when the Statler was standing. I guess that's progress, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    After all these years after the Statler debacle, that stupid building is STILL sitting there like that?

The city looked better when the Statler was standing. I guess that's progress, no?
    If there's any proof that the DEGC is functionally retarded, it's that parcel. It's a "Prime development opportunity" surrounded by once-vacant buildings in various stages of rehab. But the one lot they tore down to make room for development still looks like shit. You could write a textbook on this stuff...

What's being done with the tall building on the right? what did it used to be?

Nice gen one Exploder, dont see many of those in the rust belt anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    What's being done with the tall building on the right? what did it used to be?
    That's the United Artists Building. The Illitches are cleaning it up so all the windows can be painted with Mayan hieroglyphs just in time for 2012.

^ Just pointing out that those photos suck.

Bottom left and right margins [[below ads) blindly link to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Bottom left and right margins [[below ads) blindly link to this thread.
    I've notified Lowell of this. Out of habit I click the background in order to scroll, especially when the reply box has focus, so this has been driving me nuts!