Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Occurrence Guest

Default Narcotics checkpoints near Flint

Really? What does everyone think of this? Apparently they don't have any real crime to worry about in Flint, so they can waste police resources on this stuff.

http://www.freep.com/article/20111021/NEWS06/110210365/Drivers-face-drug-checkpoints-highways-near-Flint?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

did you mean to type narcotics or narco dicks?

Occurrence Guest

lol, narcotics. My bad on that one.

Pretty controversial, for sure. [[Where are your papers?). Nazi Germany. The drug war has certainly failed. IMO. It won't stand in court. Time to look at a different approach.

Occurrence Guest

Clever tactic. Put up threatening signs of drug dogs down the road to see who does an illegal U-Turn, so they can pull them over and search them.

These people must sleep like babies at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    Clever tactic. Put up threatening signs of drug dogs down the road to see who does an illegal U-Turn, so they can pull them over and search them.
    That's entrapment.

Love the thread title! I just thought you were being clever.

I think the modified technique mentioned later in the article is an awesome idea! Random stops without cause should never be acceptable in the U.S, but if the officers are able to convince these idiots to break traffic laws in the process... I say go ahead.....

Well another Podunk county sheriff... first Oakland and now Genesse.... they don't bother with the messy task of following the laws... they make their own laws...

What a waste of resources. Trying to catch ppl with drugs in their car is like shooting fish in a barrel. The whole point of this exercise is to pull in dollars from ppl who like their substances. In turn it complicates lives at the very least, ruins families at the worst. What a load of horseshit. Using the drug war as an excuse to bring in much needed dollars is just sick and wrong. Go catch a real criminal for cripes sake.

Some chick and her kids are riding through Flint, pulled over, cops find a bag of weed in the car, kids go to protective services, car impounded, chick cant get to work, cant prove shes a decent mom because of some entrapment thingie on 75 and bam, family in ruins. I

Fuck a drug war and all the little ways the local governments have found to make money off of it.

Stand the fuck up.

Narcodics will helb you zleeb bedder if your nose is zduffed ub.