Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Kilpatrick's restitution payment late, $3,500 short + Lies about business trip!

Uh-Oh!

M.L. ELRICK and JIM SCHAEFER
    FREE PRESS

http://freep.com/article/20090602/NE...++$3+500+short

After mustering $6,000 for his April restitution payment, Kilpatrick sent only $2,500 last month. The payment, due on the 15th of each month, came on May 18, said Russ Marlan, spokesman for the Michigan Department of Corrections.

Failing to make full restitution payments could lead to Kilpatrick being found in violation of his probation.

In another complication for the former mayor, Compuware officials contradicted Kilpatrick's explanation for why he wanted to go on a congressional trip last month to the Middle East.

He said it was for work. They said it was not.

Mideast trip said to be business; company disagrees

Kilpatrick told probation officials he wanted to make a business trip to the Middle East in May, a state corrections official said.
    But a spokeswoman for Compuware, which hired Kilpatrick, told the Free Press on Tuesday that the ex-Detroit mayor's planned trip was not for the company.

Kilpatrick could face sanctions if he misled probation officials about the reason for his proposed trip.

On May 18, Kilpatrick sought permission to go Dubai, Qatar and Iraq to assess the health care system of the military overseas, Marlan told the Free Press on Tuesday.

Although it was a congressional trip, Kilpatrick said he would be going as a representative of his employer, Marlan said. Marlan added that Kilpatrick said he would be able to provide documentation to support that.

Kilpatrick works in Texas for Covisint, a subsidiary of Compuware.

But Compuware spokeswoman Lisa Elkin said Tuesday that Kilpatrick was not scheduled to go to the Middle East on business.

"The trip you're referring to, I believe, is the Congress trip that the mother was supposed to go on," she said, referring to Kilpatrick's mother, U.S. Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, D-Mich....
    I'm suprised he didn't just send in the $6 he claims he has left at the end of the month.

He still appears to be above the law.

Worthy also criticized his proposed trip to Dubai.

"I'm curious to know how he would even be able to travel when we are in possession of his passport," she said.

Warm up that private cell with a view of Gratiot. He'll be back. I Hope.

DetroitDad Guest

Who does he think he is? He insists on putting the screws to the people of this city every chance he gets. The people of Detroit are out here working in factories or fast food restaurants doing everything they can of every hour of every day to get by and support families, all while our former mayor thinks he has the privilege of living it up without actually doing anything to provide a job to anyone... who does this?

Would asking who raised this ingrate be out of line?
    Last edited by DetroitDad; June-02-09 at 11:41 PM.

lilpup Guest

Which would you rather have - him thrown in jail or him not around here but paying back what he owes?

Personally I wish he'd not be around at all and the city just gets its money. If he does end up going to jail, especially for something like travel, let it be AFTER he's paid in full.

KK's a pathological liar. There's no changing him. He's a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Which would you rather have - him thrown in jail or him not around here but paying back what he owes?

Personally I wish he'd not be around at all and the city just gets its money. If he does end up going to jail, especially for something like travel, let it be AFTER he's paid in full.

Since he's not paying back what he owes, I think most people would be happy to see him thrown in jail.

gravitymachine Guest

"I'm curious to know how he would even be able to travel when we are in possession of his passport," she [[kym worthy) said.
    thank god he doesn't have to lug that boat anchor around at least, the horror!
    Last edited by gravitymachine; June-03-09 at 09:02 AM.

He needs to go back to jail. He obviously doesn't think his freedom is worth $6000 per month.

What? He lied? Say it's not so!!! He's such an upstanding citizen! Rehabilitated. Employed. I suspect he's been railroaded again. Let me check with Bernard....he'll know for sure. Call Fishbones, we'll discuss this over lunch.

M.L. and Jim...Kudos!!!! There's a reason you guys won the award. Nice reporting!!!! Thanks for doing what you do best!!!!! We knew the summer was just heating up!

This leopard can't change his spots.

So, let me get this straight:
    Convicted felons on probation can travel to Dubai without a passport, but I must pay 50 dollars for a "secure" ID to cross the Detroit River?

Just when you think the man's balls can't get any bigger, they do!! Unbelievable.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    So, let me get this straight:
    Convicted felons on probation can travel to Dubai without a passport, but I must pay 50 dollars for a "secure" ID to cross the Detroit River?
    So true.

As I've said before, thug KK is a legend in his own mind and thinks he is above the law. The average citizen could never get away with what he has done to Detroit and end up with a posh job, a luxury home in a quiet suburb in Texas, and, no doubt, money stashed in some bank in Dubai.

Kwame is like some drug resistant strain of jock itch, just when you think you’re finally rid of it and on the mend, it comes back to chafe and burn you again.

diver1369 Guest

Is this the comeback Kwame claimed we set him up for? Kwame is going to have to come back to answer to his latest flaunting of the terms of his sentence. Kwame the Come Back Kid.

Quote Originally Posted by diver1369 View Post
    Is this the comeback Kwame claimed we set him up for? Kwame is going to have to come back to answer to his latest flaunting of the terms of his sentence. Kwame the Come Back Kid.
    Don't be so sure. The same voters who keep voting his mother in despite her flaunting the tax paid Cadillacs and junkets to Dubai and elsewhere might vote him back in. All he has to do is play the tired old race card.
    This entitlement attitude was given to young Kwame while he grew up. He was raised to be this way. The apple has not fallen far from the tree.

Garnish his wages.

Next.

Quote Originally Posted by leland_palmer View Post
    Worthy also criticized his proposed trip to Dubai.
    Maybe I'm stupid, ignorant, or not paying attention, but what in the hell is in Dubai for him to be constantly going or wanting to go there? I know one poster suggested that's where his money is located. I don't know if they are only half joking or not, but I know KK went there a few times as mayor. What's so great about this place?

Reply to Bobl....you are spot on. The entitlement attitude. Everything. However, I'm not sure that it's the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree...I believe in this case, it might be the nut.

DetroitDad Guest

Dubai is a sister city of Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Garnish his wages.

Next.
    You can't in Texas.
    Next

Last I heard, Dubai [[United Arab Emirates) was a sister city...as well as....

Turin, Italy
    Kitwe, Zambia
    Minsk, Belarus
    Nassau, Bahamas
    Toyota, Japan
    Basra, Iraq

Maybe we should be watching to see if he'll be doing any goodwill, "ambassador" work in any of our other sister cities!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast