Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Senate panel votes down legislation for new Detroit River bridge.

http://detnews.com/article/20111020/...t-River-bridge

And while many of us may have thought things already were, things are about to get ugly.

3 republicans sold out to Matty.
    2 republicans stood up for what's right.
    2 democrats pussed out [[sold out to Matty) and didn't even vote.

Snyder seems to think there's another way around this, so we'll have to watch and wait.

The Dems wouldn't vote the proposal because it didn't include the community benefits for Delray. They know that the only way to get those included is to do that at the committee level. They lack the votes to get those included on the floor of the Senate.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    The Dems wouldn't vote the proposal because it didn't include the community benefits for Delray. They know that the only way to get those included is to do that at the committee level. They lack the votes to get those included on the floor of the Senate.
    The conspiracy theorist in me says that Hunter and Richardville are both in the pocket of Maroun. Why this proposal would come up at the 11th hour makes no sense. Then Richardville endorses/introduces it, saying that this entire new piece of legislation is going to get passed. Of course, he has to know that this will piss off his GOP buddies and they vote it down. The Dems, in turn, abstain. Perfect plan at the very last minute. Just my belief, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    That makes sense, I hope you're right.

I do agree that there needs to be community benefits for Delray.