Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default By Request - The Mindbox

There have been several posts about asking about the probable continuation of the CIA's MK-Ultra project and it connection to the Detroit area. In 2001, the story about one of those situations was posted. Several on this forum [[and other Detroit-related fora) have asked about it. Here is the link to the story - its been refreshed on the web server. http://www.pride-rock.net/MindBox.html The story starts out: The MindBox This story is about a phenomenon. A phenomenon that for many years, seemed like just another haunted house, but that turned out to be much more man made. I don't know what is scarier - the prospect of evil spirits tormenting people or the realization that it was our own government that was doing it. I grew up on the east side of Detroit, Michigan in the sixties and seventies and lived in the same house from the time that I was born until I was 30 years old. For as far back as I can remember, there were frightening things happening in this house. It was always in the middle of the night, usually between 4:20 and 4:35 in the morning. This phenomenon took several forms. Sometimes, it took the form of a vivid nightmare. The nightmares weren't clear, it wasn't like you could describe people and events in them. They were more like frightening feelings. It was like being chased by something very, very evil. As a child, I recall images of various electrical fixtures, such as the light in the bedroom or the outlets coming alive and being instruments of this evil. I nicknamed the evil entities "Beebles". [[Later in life, I read somewhere that one of the names for the devil is Beezlebub). As I got older, the effects of this phenomenon changed. Increasingly, it would manifest itself by the feeling of an evil, malevolent spirit being in the bedroom. All of a sudden, I would snap up, wide awake and cower in my bed as this sensation enveloped me. I would say a prayer and "order the demon, in the name of Jesus Christ, to be gone", and it would slowly disappear. Like clockwork [[literally), this always ocurred between 4:20 and 4:35 in the morning, regardless of what time of the year it was. It did not occur every night, in fact I only experienced this form of the phenomenon perhaps once a month or so. In some cases, a milder form of the childhood nightmare would occur in its place. After awhile, I got used to them and wasn't so afraid of them......

What an interesting read!

Takascar!

Welcome.

Funny you should show this morning, another where I was awoken out of a sound sleep at exactly four o'clock.

I'm not one to easily lapse into negative emotional states, I've got some odd wiring in my noggin from an Autism-light affectation that seems to only allow joy or catatonia. Lucky me.

I went to your old neighborhood, in order to prove out your story. I am quite glad to know you're back to answer questions.

I'd like to know if you are in an area that is bothered by this low-level hum that seems to plague some of our more-sensitive residents. I hear/feel it all over town, in varying degrees.

One mile from your old house, in my girlfriend's 100-year old GPP home, we get it harshly...especially when it rains. I feel that ties in somehow to the old ground connection on her house. [[I've got other issues with buzzing through high-end hifi here that indicates a similar issue) I don't feel this is the CAUSE of the hum, but rather exacerbates it...if it were the cause, I wouldn't feel it on Belle Isle and a few other open areas.

Cheers...looking forward to having some new dialogue about your experience.

Sincerely,
    John

I've never seen such a sanitized WhoIs lookup, but I haven't done 'em for many years.

Perhaps someone in the know can tell me if this is in any way normal?

Domain Name: pride-rock.net
    Created On: 03-Dec-1998 00:00:00
    Expiration Date: 02-Dec-2011 00:00:00
    Sponsoring Registrar: DOTSTER [[DOTSTER)
    Status: client_delete_prohibited,client_transfer_prohibite d,client_update_prohibited
    Name Server: czones1.american-webmasters.net
    Name Server: czones2.american-webmasters.net
    Registrant ID: Unknown
    Registrant Name: Unknown
    Registrant Organization: Unknown
    Registrant Street1: Unknown
    Registrant Street2: Unknown
    Registrant Street3: Unknown
    Registrant City: Unknown
    Registrant State/Province: Unknown
    Registrant Postal Code: Unknown
    Registrant Country: Unknown
    Registrant Phone: Unknown
    Registrant Fax: Unknown
    Registrant Email: Unknown
    Admin ID: Unknown
    Admin Name: Unknown
    Admin Organization: Unknown
    Admin Street1: Unknown
    Admin Street2: Unknown
    Admin Street3: Unknown
    Admin City: Unknown
    Admin State: Unknown
    Admin Postal Code: Unknown
    Admin Country: Unknown
    Admin Phone: Unknown
    Admin Fax: Unknown
    Admin Email: Unknown

Thanks!
    John

I am going to ask you to provide some form of corroborating evidence to prove that you are the same person from the original story, Takascar.

This is ordinary anonymous-internet doubt, my friend, please don't take it personally.

Cheers,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

I don't live in the area anymore - I'm in Chicago, but travel back to the area 5 or 6 times a year.

Gannon, I don't take it personally, but don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone. If you don't want to believe, I understand. That's ok.

I re-posted the account of my experiences since people were looking asking about it. I think it was originally posted under husselfarb.com, which was a blog that I had at one time.

Maybe I'll open up that domain again and put it there.

Its back up under husselfarb.com:

http://husselfarb.com/MindBox.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I've never seen such a sanitized WhoIs lookup, but I haven't done 'em for many years.

Perhaps someone in the know can tell me if this is in any way normal?
    Thanks!
    John
    It's semi-normal, whomever registered that DNS used Dotster's anonymous registration service.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by takascar View Post
    I don't live in the area anymore - I'm in Chicago, but travel back to the area 5 or 6 times a year.

Gannon, I don't take it personally, but don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone. If you don't want to believe, I understand. That's ok.

I re-posted the account of my experiences since people were looking asking about it. I think it was originally posted under husselfarb.com, which was a blog that I had at one time.

Maybe I'll open up that domain again and put it there.
    Did he say that he doesn't want to believe?
    He didn't say that he doesn't want to believe. Get to know Gannon; he does want to believe, but he has poked around in stuff, like this topic, enough to know that a lot of time can be wasted in following up on internet stuff that is entirely prankerrific.
    So, just play along. So far, you seem defensive, but that's OK; the real name of this cyberworld gin-joint is DefensiveYes!, anyway, so what the hell.
    No, really. Who the hell are you? How many Disney features are involved in your persona?

Takascar,

As I said, take no offense...but I guess I should've said no defense as well. I try to remain as neutral as possible with any investigation, but everyone knows how tough that is to achieve.

I have half a lifetime's experience with bumping into evidences of MK-ULTRA testing, and believe there are various wide-scale applications engaged now that grew out of that horrible research that goes straight back to Mengele's gruesome Twin testing in Nazi Germany during WWII.

Yours would be the first time ANY of this became actually real to me...other than two women I've met who were most certainly part of the program. One escapee from Colorado Springs, and one oddly allowed to retire from Presidential Model Manchurian service under whom I believe was Senator Byrd. I have a picture of her taken at a NM rest area early last decade.

I haven't been BACK to Three Mile Drive since I realized, with a little help from my friends here, that so far your story is true. There is exactly ONE lot where a house could've been torn down on that block you describe. I didn't think so until viewing a google streetview snag Jimaz found for us...where the apron of the old driveway was clearly still in place.

You have claimed in the past...tagging this story, actually...to be a MindBox hunter and to know others who have actually found these devices. What has been done with this proof of nefarious activity on the part of the government? You say someone was able to read the output of the additional box with the nine-volt battery, and it was merely a repeating ID number. What was the radio frequency, or was it cellular...which would make so much more sense.

What do the original boxes do...what leg of the electricity do they put out their garbaged RF onto...which one is the antenna throughout the grid?! How does it work...and what frequencies are broadcast?! What combination of frequencies, what 'chord' is causing these nightmares? Do they emit any other frequencies at the other times than 4:20 in the morning? [[In my experience, with the hum I hear/feel during the quiet hours of the morning, it changes constantly, and before I started blabbing about it on the internet would actually alter in sound and/or amplitude at exactly the hour and half hour! One morning, while sitting in our bedroom unable to sleep, I saw my girlfriend stir in her sleep when the frequency changed twice, and she awoke AGAIN with horrible nightmares. That was enough proof to me that something is still doing this sort of thing in our modern world.)

You could be such help in searching out the cause...and getting a very dark gray organization to finally be brought out of the shadows. If you are real and true.

If, however, you simply choose to play hide-n-seek with bs dismissals of those who wish to use your material...it would've been best for you to have remained anonymous. In this case, those who can do the worst know everything about you, while those who can do the best remain puzzled and confused.

Please help us eliminate that confusion. If you are who you are.

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; October-19-11 at 12:21 PM.

Why did you name that blog Husselfarb...and oddly, why put it exactly back up there?

It was pretty amazing that our Jimaz found your original story on that blog through the WayBack. It appears to have been a fledgling forum for writers...but defunct for many years.

Are you the same person who also posts on a Japanese board as Taka313?! If so, you possess a unique sense of humor, so I suspect you can do more than humor us here.

Please help this go from "some guy who claims to be the author showed up" to "the original author showed up". "He helped."

Cheers!
    John

Ravine Guest

Yeah, Takascar, I was both defending Gannon [[who doesn't need it) in response to your defensiveness as well as teasing you, a bit, but truly, it would be greatly appreciated if you would come on back and indulge us, a little further, with some further comments.
    Please.

This thread is fascinating as hell. Reading all sorts of interesting information about MKUltra.

The pride rock mind box link is not working for me.

can anyone give a readers digest version?

seriously, every link is dead. husslefarb.com, pride rock.net even the links on the discussion in 2006 thread are all dead [[thought to be expected) tried on a variety of servers firefox, safari and chrome...

What 3 mile rd. In detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    seriously, every link is dead. husslefarb.com, pride rock.net even the links on the discussion in 2006 thread are all dead [[thought to be expected) tried on a variety of servers firefox, safari and chrome...

What 3 mile rd. In detroit?
    Three Mile Drive: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...ed=0CBwQ8gEwAA

Works for me: http://www.pride-rock.net/MindBox.html

http://www.pride-rock.net/MindBox.html still not working. Maybe my company is in on it...

Quote Originally Posted by hamtown mike View Post
    can anyone give a readers digest version?
    A guy grew up thinking his house was haunted. A few years ago he took an electromagnetic "ghost detector" back to his childhood home, poked around and found some sort of box in a sewer. He thinks it's a device used to control your mind that the CIA installed.

If I may clarify and amplify a few things...

The item found in a sewer, connected illegally to the electrical mains via an old conduit running up a pole, was actually an older device connected to a newer one.

THIS is the main issue with his story, and if it can be proven out will be quite a break in this case.

There was an additional modern semi-conductor IC-chip transmitter, fueled by a modern nine-volt battery added to the original circuit box...largely unavailable back when this program was originally supposed to be in testing phase [[when the supposed original writer was having those nightmares in his youth, and the females in his household were similarly affected out of sound sleeps).

When they removed the box, within a few days two sedans arrived to check on it. Proving that at least this program is still MONITORED, if not still fully running. If it remains within the control of the CIA, it is totally illegal...because their area of operations was always supposed to be limited to non-citizens.

One wonders if there is a program that went from testing phase to operational, given the odd facts uncovered in the past decade.

1. I encounter someone in the hifi world, when I was Technical Editor for a major national home theater journal, who admitted quietly that he was warned against marketing a certain feature of his new AC purifying plug strip by one of his coffee-claque conversationalists at a Berkley, CA coffeeshop not far from campus. Seems his 'warner' had done research he couldn't talk about on some form of Radio Frequency [[RF) radiation which used the AC grid as the delivery antenna.

2. Proof MK-ULTRA is real, especially from the lawsuit out of Canada which facilitated compensation for illegal testing on innocents by doctors associated with the CIA. The tentacles of this operation, and its derivatives, reach further than most anyone would believe. [[Search out the wonderful "Inside the LC" articles about the early days of the expansion and commercialization of rock and roll music all along Los Angele's famed Laurel Canyon, for a mind-blowing peek at what Paul Harvey would scream, 'the REST of the story!'.)

3. I can hear and feel a particularly annoying hum pervading the house where I live, roughly a mile from where this box was supposedly found. I've heard it as far north as Petoskey, down south to Cincinnati, and even on Belle Isle near ItsJeff's bench. I've noticed a pattern of it changing frequency content and intensity, and have even seen my girlfriend stir in her sleep at those transition times and awaken with nightmares when it is particularly 'aggressive'. I've MEASURED this energy acoustically, and posted an image in another thread to this effect.

4. Others have complained of interrupted sleep and annoying persistent nightmares. [[which were supposedly the goal of this research program, for some reason, keep people from sleep so they could be more easily mind-controlled...the MK goal of the whole project...from the same people who put Flouride in prisoner's drinking water to make them more pliable and docile)

5. The 60-cycle frequency of our electrical grid is reported to be the eighth harmonic of the 7.83Hz fundamental of the Schumann Resonance, what is commonly called the 'heartbeat of the planet Earth'. Oddly, the European electrical grid frequency of 50Hz is the 7th harmonic...probably answering the question of 'why' these frequencies were first used...they were likely the most efficient with long-distance propogation, and the testers didn't know what they were tickling. They were helped by the natural resonance of the sphere we all live upon! Experiences with NASA astronauts prove that we need to feel this frequency by a sense beyond our blatant five...but the main research for this is all hidden behind Top Secret clearance. They have proof of more senses, but do not admit to 'em.

So...I conclude that at the very least, this RF-radiating grid caps off important human beyond-the-blatant-five sensory interaction with the planet and possibly beyond...that somehow keeps our sleep psyches more calm. Yeah, that is a stretch...I'll see if I can build the case into that...but intuitively it works!

I'm not awake enough to build it all now...but if this box turns out to be real, and the transmitter too...then we have enough proof that experiments were carried out, then NOT terminated when they were supposed to be shut down...and probably carried into an applications stage.

Which I believe is the 'hum' that is bothering so many people today in Detroit and Windsor. I don't have those last few links, but am not far from proving it out. Now to find the right measurement device...the sensors may indeed be Tesla coils...large ones, if my guess at the wavelengths are correct.

Cheers and more,
    John

There are about 50 "MindBox Hunters" now.

A total of 31 boxes have been found, mostly in the upper midwest, but some as far away as LA and Tampa.

The latest was one found in an ancient metal cabinet containing railroad switching circuitry near Milwaukee. This was discovered in late July of this year.

Our group feels it best not to comment further on details, but to continue our work.

My publishing of the account of the Three Mile Drive Box [[as its nicknamed, or the "TMD Box") was controversial. We expected some sort of "visits" from "men in black", but it never happened.

My guess is that the program is "tolerated" in the CIA, but is not of high importance, and may just be a throwback to an earlier age. There is probably much fear about the matter becoming public, and so any kind of expanded actions [[ie: to stop or harass Mindbox Hunters) would probably not be approved. In fact, it may be that a small group of people in the CIA are doing this without higher-up approval, maybe under a blanket budget line-item such as "psyops research", or some such thing and the last thing they need is a public blow-up that exposes their actions.

In any event, I can't comment further on the matter. There may be a time when we can make this more public, but we need a situation where we won't be taken as tinfoil hat crackpots. For now, we'll just keep hunting these things down and disconnecting them.

Gannon, you may be able experience this as an auditory phenomenon if you are really sensitive, but most don't "hear" the signal, they just "absorb" it and it affects them. The only way to hear it is to construct a device that takes the signal on the AC circuit and turns it into audio. Many AC "multimeters" that electricians use to detect the presence of current on a circuit have an audio feature that allows them to "hear" the 60HZ AC. What my buddy built for our excursion was similar in nature to that.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    A guy grew up thinking his house was haunted. A few years ago he took an electromagnetic "ghost detector" back to his childhood home, poked around and found some sort of box in a sewer. He thinks it's a device used to control your mind that the CIA installed.
    Excellent summary!

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Thanks JBMcB.... I thought I was the only one with reading comprehension issues... whew!

My question is this.... what would posess [[euphamistically speaking) anyone to poke around in their sewer? [[Scratching head emoticom)

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    My question is this.... what would posess [[euphamistically speaking) anyone to poke around in their sewer? [[Scratching head emoticom)
    According to the MindBox story, the author [["Taka..."?) imagined he had found evidence of a radio-frequency source injected into the electric mains. He and a friend [[lineman?) from DTE were looking for the powerline tap that might juice up such an RF generator. After blundering around the neighborhood, they searched the alley behind "Taka"'s old house, and found a rusty conduit snaking down a pole. The DTE guy observed that homes in that neighborhood were supplied with powerline drops [[wires that come down from the mains to a terminal block on the house). So he conjectured that the rusty conduit was an illegal tap, and thus they could legally fuck around with it.

They followed the conduit into the ground, scuffed about, and located a sewer-port [["manhole") cover. The DTE guy pried it up with a purposed tool, and they let the accumulated methane, H2S, etc. escape. Descending the ladder-rungs into the sewer, they found some disturbed bricks and pried them loose [[so the story goes). Behind the bricks was the box in question...

Michiganders tend to be resourceful types. Think about the guys that rescued the Ford Auditorium organ by dropping the fiberglass "clouds" [[acoustic reflectors), sawing a hole in the ceiling, rigging block-and-tackle, and letting down the heavy chests, pipes, etc. All over a period of some daze. And that was real...
    Last edited by beachboy; October-23-11 at 02:04 AM.

ok so stick with me on this one...

Though I do not feel as if I have been directly effected the "hum" or any mindboxes I haven't been able to stop thinking about this.

Let's say the CIA wanted to expand their study. What if the aim of MKUltra went beyond disrupting an individual's perception of reality? What if they wanted to effect entire city, a soviet city with heavy industry that fueled the cold war? Could you think of a better test city than Detroit?

I think we can agree that electronically disturbed sleep can cause elevated levels of irritability When restless, people tend to rely upon more base instincts including anger and violence. Many resort to self-soothing including drugs and alcohol.

Maybe the CIA had the juice too high in 1966-67. Or maybe they had the level just right to get the desired results.

ok, off to the closet with my tin foil hat...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast