Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Mike Bouchard running for governor.

June 2, 2009

Oakland County sheriff announces run for governor

By KATHLEEN GRAY
    FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER
    Oakland County Sheriff Mike Bouchard is entering the race to become Michigan’s next governor.

He joins a crowded field of Republican candidates as he makes stops in Clawson, East Lansing and Grand Rapids Wednesday.

Also running on the GOP side are Attorney General Mike Cox, Secretary of State Terri Lynn Land, U.S. Rep. Peter Hoekstra, state Sen. Tom George and Ann Arbor businessman Rick Snyder.
    On the Democratic side are Lt. Gov. John Cherry and state Rep. Alma Wheeler Smith.
    Bouchard has experience in running a statewide campaign because he waged an unsuccessful bid for U.S. Senate against Democratic incumbent Debbie Stabenow in 2006.

Now L. Brooks gets to drive drunk statewide, not just in Oakland County.

He's weak. Don't vote for him and vote out the Bush puppet, Candace Miller.

Off topic, I looked up Peter Hoekstra because I didn't know who he was and turns out he was born in The Netherlands...interesting, but he is from West Michigan.

I would vote from Bouchard over Cox.

MIRepublic Guest

This announcement is a little confusing to me. He was crushed by Debbie Stabenow in his race to unseat her, and she's an underwhelming senator, at best. I'm not sure why he thinks he could make it through the GOP primary especially with Cox in it.

"Bouchard" is too close to "[[[[[[ tard" for my tastes.

Kraig, your comment about LBP is so funny and so true. Good laugh. Thanks.

That post about LBP is fucking funny.

Patty sucks!

The Republican field looks awfully weak.

Too bad that Democrat lineup looks worse.

Perhaps I should run?

I don't know anything about the guy, but he sure has an ego trip.
    Check out his bio at http://www.oakgov.com/sheriff/about/bio_bouchard.html

Wonder if he can walk on water?

Watch out for Terri Lynn Land, coming up on the outside. The Oakland County and West Michigan Repubs are going to beat each other up, and she just might come out on top--noncontroversial, looks reasonably good on TV, from outstate but could pull female swing voters in Oakland . . . as a Democrat, I'd be most worried about her in a race against somebody like John Cherry.