Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Forum Upgrade Takes DetroitYES Forum Offline for Two Hours

Dear All,

We have completed and upgrade of the forum software to its latest version this afternoon. The action was precipitated after detecting some hack attempts originating from [where else?] Russia. You will notice a number of minor differences and may notice the loss of the sites favicon.
    Name:  favicon.gif
Views: 692
Size:  1.2 KB

If you detect any significant malfunctions, please point them out to us.

Also if you can please share which browser and Operating System you are using, such as Firefox and Windows, we will appreciate it.

Thanks, Lowell

Hi Lowell,

I am receiving a "Do you want to navigate away from this page.." popup message when clicking to the last page of a thread. It's only happening intermittently though.

Thanks for all your hard work to keep everything running. You've been a most humble host.

Looks fine to me. Good job, Lowell.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    Hi Lowell,

I am receiving a "Do you want to navigate away from this page.." popup message when clicking to the last page of a thread. It's only happening intermittently though.
    Try closing your browser and restarting it. There may also be some cookie-related issues for a while.

Also if you can please share which browser and Operating System you are using, such as Firefox and Windows, we will appreciate it.

As I type just now I occasionally notice a yellow Auto-Saved notice flash in the lower left of the posting box. Seemingly a new feature too.

At work right now and using IE8 on Win7. I haven't closed the browser so that's probably it. I'll keep you apprised if it happens again.

As I type just now I occasionally notice a yellow Auto-Saved notice flash in the lower left of the posting box.
    Is that what that is? I've seen something flash but I didn't catch what it was.

Did you put the FavIcon back and it just hasn't propagated yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Is that what that is? I've seen something flash but I didn't catch what it was.

Did you put the FavIcon back and it just hasn't propagated yet?
    From what I am reading it is a propagation issue.

As for the Auto-saved and other features of the post editor, this link will explain the new features by vBulletin's integration of CKEditor.

Auto-Save. Sick of losing posts when your browser crashes? Now you won’t have to worry, your content is safe.

The Nicolas Boileau website was a pleasant diversion. Nice photos!

I'm getting the "Do you want to navigate away from this page?" message too but it can be ignored.

I've seen the yellow Auto-Saved notice too. No problem.

Best thing is that I'm not getting the extra carriage returns I used to. Nice.

Looks like there are some new controls in the advanced editor. Nice.

IE8/Windows XP

So far nothing wrong with the site, but how do I now get rid of this twitching flinch I have?!

I guess it IS an addiction...got withdrawals within only TWO hours?! My goodness...and this the week I chose to cycle off caffeine for the quarter.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

Thanks, Lowell
    Thanks Lowell. I'm using Chrome / WIN 7.

Thanks, Lowell! I'm using Firefox.

Stromberg2

mac OS 10.5.8 / Safari

Thanks for everything you do, Lowell.

Windows Vista here...mostly use AOL as my browser.

Oh, sorry Mac OS 10.4.11 with Firefox.

Happy as a clam.

Google Chrome here, and happy to report no problems.

Thanks Lowell...

In the future... can we get a "shooting ones self in the head" emoticon? It goes well with some threads....

John that twitching is from an Echinacea reaction to a good helping of cynicism, with a side of conjecture...!

Mac 10.4.11 Safari, no issues so far.

Windows XP, and I.E. of some number, but no issues on this end.

Lowell....
    .....thanks for keeping this site up an running.

doug
    Last edited by douglasm; October-18-11 at 05:50 AM.

I'm on Windows 2000, Firefox 3.6.23. I am not seeing any issues. I have seen the butler asking me politely if I really want to leave. I rather appreciate that, since I have accidentally navigated off page while trying to compose a message, and of course, I then lost what I had already written. I also notice the emoticons are more visible. That is a good thing, too. Oh, I just saw that yellow Auto-Saved message. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm on the last Fire Fox upgrade with Win7. No problems here, other than spell check? [[Maybe). Thanks, Lowell, I know you put up with an awful lot of playground stuff here as a moderator.

On my work computer, Windows XP and IE 8.0. I haven't had any problems so far and the Favicon is still appearing for me, too,

Firefox 7.0.1 for Mac Pussycat [[aka Lion) 10.7.2, lookin' good!

Red Hat Linux 5.0 on two machines, Windows 7 on the other. Konqueror is the browser on Linux, Firefox 3.6.23 on Windows. I do see the yellow autosaved box on Windblows but not Linux each time I stop typing.

No problems viewing or changing threads. Thank you Lowell.

Using 7/64 and Chrome - no problems!
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast