Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What Do These Police Officers Have To Fear?!

Found this a curious story...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...10-16-14-43-09

Police officers demanding to be kept OFF the DNA databases.

What are they afraid of, if they haven't done anything wrong?!

I think they just know more of how these are abused...and will be even moreso in the future.

Sincerely,
    John

John, a police officer does not give up his constitutional rights just because he is a police officer [[although I would have no qualms about giving my DNA. In fact, I have, to a genealogy database).

But what would you say if I demanded that all subscribers to DetroitYes submitted their DNA to a database if they wished to continue to contribute to this site???

That's the point, Ray. They are building this database whether we like it or not.

It is just nice to see the contradictions...like, say, they want an OFF button for THEIR video surveillence technology, when it is aimed at THEIR behavior.

Seriously...

But the search for the woman ended with an embarrassing discovery in 2009: the DNA came from an innocent worker at a company that made the cotton swabs used to collect evidence.
    LOL! The testing itself contaminated the crime scenes!

I wonder how they found THAT out?

Did the worker get entered into the database themselves, and then the association was found?!

Curious. This one should shake those with faith in technology a bit. If not, then they are too far gone for reason.

Cheers!

There has been more than one cop across the country found to have been doing nasty things behind the power of the badge. I'd say they just don't want to get caught.

This could be one way to finally bring down that Blue Wall of Silence of that fraternity.

I'm all for good cops...but the bad ones certainly taint the whole pool. Why would good cops hide bad ones like they seem to do?!

It crushes the whole concept of justice and policing...

<sigh>

lilpup Guest

Do members of the armed forces routinely submit to a DNA database for potential future identification purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Do members of the armed forces routinely submit to a DNA database for potential future identification purposes?
    You are implying a comparison between the military and police that is apples and oranges in nature.

I agree that the police are "all for" something unless it could implicate THEM.

I've been on both sides of the badge and seen it first hand...

To answer the question about the military, yes they DO sunbmit a dna sample. It is coded onto their MARC [[id) card...