Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Occurrence Guest

Default Feds: Prostitution ring set up sex parties, gave goodie bags and best services awards

It's actually quite amazing what our government will go though to prevent consenting adults from having sex. I mean, seriously? Who are the hero's who carried out this investigation? I still haven't heard one logical reason prostitution should be a "crime".

http://www.freep.com/article/2011101...text|FRONTPAGE

I AGREE

i mean, if you need your meth then ya gots to put out........

Why is that I never hear about the good parties until it's too late? =)

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Why is that I never hear about the good parties until it's too late? =)
    I would agree, except I'm not really into filthy women.

With that being said, if that's your thing, have at it. I don't see why the Federal Government is wasting its resources on this kind of crap, especially when there is a plethora of actual real crime out there that deserves attention. Strange world we live in.

I would agree if the participants were all willing and doing it of their own free choice. But in these rings, many of the girls are there by some type of force. Sex Slavery is a big trade among certain Eastern European organized crime rings.

So, it depends on who the operators are and how the girls are recruited as to whether I support them or not.

Anway you cut it, prostitution is not a victimless crime the vast majority of the time, contrary to public opinion.
    If it was simple as two consenting adults, neither of which are messed up on drugs, maybe. Often it's more than two involved, and drugs can be a major factor.
    That's to say nothing of the beatings and killings prostitutes suffer at the hands of johns, and they are a popular choice amongst serial killers.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikefmich View Post
    That's to say nothing of the beatings and killings prostitutes suffer at the hands of johns, and they are a popular choice amongst serial killers.
    More of a reason to legalize it. I don't think those women at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada have much of a problem with beatings, killings, or even disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    More of a reason to legalize it. I don't think those women at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada have much of a problem with beatings, killings, or even disease.
    Exactly. It's a problem BECAUSE it's illegal. If legalized and regulated, you don't have beatings, killings, diseased drugged out hookers, criminal syndicates involved, etc. etc. Plus you can have tax revenue. Same issues that prohibition caused, but our moralists will never get out of the way.

Google is your friend.

All attempts to proscribe vice have the same endgame: criminal syndicates figure out they can make piles of cash providing something the public wants and the government doesn't want it to have. Then the government takes some more of our money - that part we haven't already blown on the particular vice - and uses it to pay policemen and prosecutors and jailers to lock us up for giving in to the temptation.

Now the criminals are making piles of money, so they don't want the restriction removed, and all the government infrastructure fighting vice have nice cushy jobs and don't have to do really hard stuff like try to cut down on burglaries and car thefts and so on, so the folks in the government's employ don't want the restriction removed either. That portion of the public that realizes all of this is a big damned expensive game, well, nobody listens to us.

Drug prohibition and prohibition of prostitution are working out exactly like alcohol prohibition worked out in the 1920s, and always will. It doesn't matter how you feel about the vice [[I don't think prostitution or heroin are "good" in any sense), the government's action creates more, not less, of the behavior, while throwing buckets of money down a bottomless hole.

Those [[said someone, possibly Santayana) who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

DetroitPole Guest

It is legal. You just have to film it. Then put it on the internet where you have to click that you're over 18. Makes perfect sense.

gave goodie bags and best services awards

My employer used to do the same thing, but look who really got screwed after the meltdown and layoffs.

Oh.... my bad.... I thought this was going to be another Ficano/Wayne County thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonhroberts View Post
    Couldn't the Feds spend their resources more effectively if they bust Americas real threat. Medicinal pot users.
    I hope you're being sarcastic...

... because one would have thought that our politicans would have learned from history... and saw how that worked during prohibition... but instead here we are after a half century since "Reefer Madness"..... and the politicians/crimefighters are still clueless that it just doesn't work!!

All we're doing is building more prisions, a bigger crimefighting bureaucracy.... all with zippo results... except wasting our scarce taxpayer dollars on yet another war without results...

Definition of Insanity.... Keep doing the same thing over and over again... and expecting a different result!

With that being said, if that's your thing, have at it. I don't see why the Federal Government is wasting its resources on this kind of crap, especially when there is a plethora of actual real crime out there that deserves attention. Strange world we live in.
    Sex trafficking of minors = no big deal, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Huh? Where did that come from?

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Huh? Where did that come from?
    The article.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Nope.

If you're going to bust sex trafficking of minors, then do it. Don't bring prostitution as a whole into it. Sex with minors and prostitution are two separate issues, just like driving drunk is different than simply getting drunk. We all know that it's legal to get drunk, but illegal to drive while drunk.

I would be willing to bet that if prostitution as a whole was legal, there would be a lot less child sex trafficking. The "Feds" could use their resources to instead go after things we all agree should be illegal, like having sex with kids.