Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Ford Fiesta ST is coming !!

Caught undergoing testing is the new 2013 Ford Fiesta ST . with turbocharged engine this Fiesta will deliver 180 HP. Pocket Rocket !! Note the covered front bumper to hide the intercooler. Go Ford !!!

Up from 120? Cool! I'm hoping for a Fusion ST with maybe 300 or so, and a dual-clutch 6-speed. That would give Ford a great lineup of performance cars with Fiesta, Focus, and Fusion ST, and Taurus SHO. I'd go for one of them.

Oh, and is there supposed to be a link so we can note the covered front bumper? Just asking...

Didja see the posted video?

Quote Originally Posted by ptero View Post
    Didja see the posted video?
    It's not showing up, using either Firefox or IE.

Never mind, found it. Anyway, 180 in a Fiesta would be pretty sweet!

In order to make this thread Detroit-centric [[as the Fiesta is not built here) did you notice that was along Ford Rd in Westland?

Too small, but I really like the new Ford Focus... took them a while to get it refined but now it is really nice with lots of amenities and great styling!

Nice scoop MaxSpeed! I like how the Ford and GM are going after younger demographics. They blew it with my generation. Hopefully they are on the right track with the current new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Too small, but I really like the new Ford Focus... took them a while to get it refined but now it is really nice with lots of amenities and great styling!
    just got my '12 focus -- it is an incredible car. handles like it is on rails, looks great, getting 34 mpg in mixed driving

^^^^ Ford got it right with this compact car! Load a small car with amenities [[as other car manufacturers have been doing for years), along with great styling, and fuel savings! BANG a winner. I had the chance spend some time in a 2011 sports model -- it road well and the loaded with goodies and nice Euro inspired interior detailing. GO FOMOCO!

Ford's doing a great job . I'm hoping they build a version of the Focus RS or better yet RS 500 over here .

Better warn Jalopnik about this scoop. Extra credit kudos to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Nice scoop MaxSpeed! I like how the Ford and GM are going after younger demographics. They blew it with my generation. Hopefully they are on the right track with the current new ones.
    They blew it with my generation.
    C'mon, Lowell, the Granada and Maverick didn't float your boat?

i love the ford fiesta but whats the point of super charging it?

^^
    To make it crazy fast! I love it!

Stromberg2

Abarth is an Italian racing car maker founded by Austrian-Italian Carlo Abarth and Italian Armando Scagliarini in Turin in 1949. Its logo depicts a stylized scorpion on a red and yellow background. Those who want a car that is as powerful as it is affordable doubtless look at hot hatches, the performance-tuned subcompacts that have proven incredibly well-liked over the years. Fiat's 500 Abarth, the sporty model of Fiat's super-popular subcompact, will be debuting in America very shortly. The Focus ST, debuting in early 2012, will come with a turbocharged 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine that should produce around 250 horsepower and cost about $25,000. About six months later, the Fiesta ST will launch, featuring a turbocharged 1.6-liter engine and sport-tuned suspension. It should be less than the Focus ST, but not by much.

Not interested. Ford and the big 3 autos have a bait and switch pricing system which is unfair for the consumer as the price that is advertise to the general public is not the price for the general public.

In the general public ad it was $160 per month for your standard Basic model of Ford Focus and Fiesta. Got to the dealership and they said it was over $215/month payment. Went to Honda and got a payment around what ford was not willing to give me from the general public ad. I'm loving my Honda and it was built in Indiana which was a plus.

Where do the rims end and the tires begin ? I'm all for new technology, but give me a break. One pot hole, and the dream ends. $2000 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Where do the rims end and the tires begin ? I'm all for new technology, but give me a break. One pot hole, and the dream ends. $2000 bucks.
    And we all know there are plenty of potholes and sunken manhole covers around here. I look at all these guys riding low profile tires and 22 inch wheels and shake my head.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsForTheHeart View Post
    Not interested. Ford and the big 3 autos have a bait and switch pricing system which is unfair for the consumer as the price that is advertise to the general public is not the price for the general public.

The dealerships are more to blame for the misleading advertisements, but I agree that Ford, G.M and Chrysler need to do more to prevent it. Over a decade ago I went to purchase my first new car and was shocked to see the discrepancy between the advertised prices and the prices the dealerships were actually offering. I decided then that none of the dealerships were to be trusted, and have bought late model used cars from private owners ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    And we all know there are plenty of potholes and sunken manhole covers around here. I look at all these guys riding low profile tires and 22 inch wheels and shake my head.
    22 inch ? where do we stop ? I like the new "Vett" check it out. 2012 Centennial edition. Massive tires. Gun metal/ Battle ship grey, gotta love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    22 inch ? where do we stop ? I like the new "Vett" check it out. 2012 Centennial edition. Massive tires. Gun metal/ Battle ship grey, gotta love it.
    You say where do we stop? How about the 28 inch wheels I've seen on a 89 Caprice Classic, that thing looked like it was on stilts. I see major suspension problems coming with these bad roads.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; November-05-11 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsForTheHeart View Post

In the general public ad it was $160 per month for your standard Basic model of Ford Focus and Fiesta. Got to the dealership and they said it was over $215/month payment. Went to Honda and got a payment around what ford was not willing to give me from the general public ad. I'm loving my Honda and it was built in Indiana which was a plus.
    A plus for people who live in Indiana [[and Japan). Their economy thanks you. I live in Detroit, the Focus is built in Wayne, and designed by Ford, a Dearborn based manufacturer. I'm glad you like your Honda, I'm sure it's very nice. It's "assembled" in Indiana, largely engineered in Japan, with parts produced [[mostly) by Japanese wholly owned subsidiary suppliers. Otherwise they wouldn't have had mass shortages of parts after the tsunami for months, whereas the real American companies didn't miss a beat. So trying to justify it as an "American" car purchase, regardless of having pretty much no benefit to the Metro Detroit economy [[except for the dealership you bought it from) doesn't fly.
    Last edited by wvernon; November-05-11 at 07:18 PM.