Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Becoming NFL's Most Hostile Locale

Occurrence Guest

More Kid Rock crap. Of all the great local music we have in this city, why does Kid Rock have to be the spokesman for the area? His music is terrible.

All I know is that in watching the Monday night game on the tube, it reminded me of Seattle's glory days, when both The Kingdome and Quest Field were considered the loudest stadiums in the NFL.

I was at the game and it was LOUD!!!!! From start to finish. Spent most of the game standing...the whole crowd did. Incredible atmosphere. The Bears were clearly thrown by all the noise. Took them out of their offensive game.

Have to keep the home field advantage going now. It's a powerful thing to intimidate your opponent even before they show up for the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    More Kid Rock crap. Of all the great local music we have in this city, why does Kid Rock have to be the spokesman for the area? His music is terrible.
    Because he does a lot for the area,or at least tries. He has a beer that he brews here that employs people. Other stuff too. I'm too lazy to prove it.

All I can say is, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth".

Stop hating. He was in the locker room after the game. Let's just have fun with this.

If it's not Kid Rock, it's Eminem. Or Jeff Daniels

Yeah, I don't care much for his music either but at least he's sharing some of his riches employing some of the locals. I'll give him high marks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by eno View Post
    Yeah, I don't care much for his music either but at least he's sharing some of his riches employing some of the locals. I'll give him high marks for that.
    And he at least attends the games. He's not shy about getting out with the masses. I'd much rather have a celebrity that mingles with the masses as opposed to one that just sits inside their throne room or commutes from the Hamptons [[no offense to the Hamptons meant of course).

I'm digging all the love Detroit has been getting lately in the national media. With all the positive things that have been said and shown for MNF and the glowing reviews TBS and Fox have been sending our way with the Tigers in playoffs, I wonder if the region has finally turned the corner as far as the rest of the country is concerned. I wont hold my breath for this, choosing instead to bask in the moment and enjoy it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    I'm digging all the love Detroit has been getting lately in the national media. With all the positive things that have been said and shown for the Super Bowl and the glowing reviews TBS and Fox have been sending our way with the Allstar Game and the Final Four, I wonder if the region has finally turned the corner as far as the rest of the country is concerned. I wont hold my breath for this, choosing instead to bask in the moment and enjoy it all.
    There, I fixed that for you.

Once a decade sporting events do fuck all for the region other than make the year in which they occur a little better for local sports bars and a few hotels.

I agree it's nice to hear, but check the archives from 2003-2009.... it's the same articles and the same media outlets saying the same things. Good sports teams arent going to save the city.
    Last edited by bailey; October-13-11 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    I'm digging all the love Detroit has been getting lately in the national media. With all the positive things that have been said and shown for MNF and the glowing reviews TBS and Fox have been sending our way with the Tigers in playoffs, I wonder if the region has finally turned the corner as far as the rest of the country is concerned. I wont hold my breath for this, choosing instead to bask in the moment and enjoy it all.
    Detroitej, I'm joining YOUR club. It's a thrill to hear so many out of towners saying good things about Detroit lately. Keep it coming. And Kid Rock is invited to my next party.

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    If it's not Kid Rock, it's Eminem. Or Jeff Daniels
    or Ted Nugent, or Aretha Franklin, or George Clinton, or Jack White, or Anita Baker.....

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    or Ted Nugent, or Aretha Franklin, or George Clinton, or Jack White, or Anita Baker.....

Ted Nugent? Really?