Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default DEGC votes to demolish remainder of Tiger Stadium

From an AP article at the Freep site:

http://www.freep.com/article/2009060...+Tiger+Stadium

Yesterday GM, today this. What's next?

It's time for one of JohnLodge's famous Godzilla over Detroit photoshop pics.

Expect more of this to come as the Bing administration tries to demonstrate "progress".

Aw, come on. You guys all knew this was coming, didn't you?

's about time!

i'd like to see the diamond remain for youth baseball.. make a real green park out of it.. Tiger stadium memorial park.. get a nonprofit coalition to manage it..

How about an empty lot, with a rat's ass cyclone fence to catch all the crap from the folks waiting for the bus
    on Michigan Ave. Perfect, congratulations to the EDC
    Oh yeah, don't forget the dust and the weeds, it gets better and better the more I think about it.

The Conservancy has about $22m in committed funds, AND have ALREADY put $300,000 in escrow for security, AND have not missed any deadlines.

I hate backroom politics. The conservancy was never informed this was being decided upon.

I believe Mr. George Jackson lacks the vision I once falsely believed he had.

Quote Originally Posted by andylinn View Post
    The Conservancy has about $22m in committed funds, AND have ALREADY put $300,000 in escrow for security, AND have not missed any deadlines.

I hate backroom politics. The conservancy was never informed this was being decided upon.

I believe Mr. George Jackson lacks the vision I once falsely believed he had.

If the Conservancy has 22 million, what were they waiting on? I'm not trying to be a wiseguy either. If the Conservancy's original plan only cost 15 million and they had 22 million shouldn't they have kept City Council in the loop the same way they did everytime they went to the table requesting City council to intervene? I'm sure Council would have spoken up if imformed that the Conservancy has 22 million.

As a candidate that I'm seriously considering supporting, I hope you're not just blowing smoke.
    Last edited by kraig; June-02-09 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    If the Conservancy has 22 million, what were they waiting on?
    I'm not certain of this but this could be a matter of having the funds approved vs. having them in hand. I know the Federal earmark, for one, was approved several weeks ago yet hasn't been "deposited" yet. The wheels of Federal govenment simply move slowly, I guess.