Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit's Big Crush - Art, Architecture, and Wine - Saturday, October 8

Please join DAADS for Detroit's BIG CRUSH!
    Art, Architecture and Great Wines
    October 8th • Noon-4PM

The Detroit Area Art Deco Society [[DAADS) will be hosting a Wine stroll at 14 Detroit venues.

The wine stroll will provide attendees several architecturally
    significant buildings, art and select wines paired
    with each unique venue.

Advanced tickets are $30.00 / $40.00 at the door

Purchase tickets online here: Tickets

Proceeds from this event benefit the
    Detroit Area Art Deco Society's scholarship program.
    The Detroit Area Art Deco Society is a Michigan
    not-for-profit 501 [[c) [[3) organization.

The weather will be beautiful for strolling around downtown!!

Kathleen... is the "Wind" part... what we'll be out of when we're done with the tour?

Ooooppss!!! Those fingers go where they want to....I type "gone with the wind" probably 20 times a day between searches and emails on the subject!!!

So I'll clarify here...it's a Wine Stroll....

Detroit's Big Crush - Art, Architecture, and Wine - Saturday, October 8

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Ooooppss!!! Those fingers go where they want to....I type "gone with the wind" probably 20 times a day between searches and emails on the subject!!!

So I'll clarify here...it's a Wine Stroll....

Detroit's Big Crush - Art, Architecture, and Wine - Saturday, October 8
    LOL... I forgot about that angle.... is Olivia [[and by default Joan) still among the living?

Bump...in case anyone is looking for something fun and interesting to do this beautiful fall day in downtown Detroit!!!

Thanks to Lowell for correcting my typo!!

Gistok: Yes, both Olivia de Havilland [[Melanie in Gone With The Wind) and her sister Joan Fontaine are still alive. Olivia turned 95 this past July 1, and Joan is 94. They have not spoken to one another in years!!

Thanks Kathleen... although GWTW is undeniably the greatest film of that era... I find Alfred Hitchcock's "REBECCA" [[staring Joan Fontaine/Sir Laurence Olivier) equally fascinating... Manderley and especially Mrs. Danvers are the best in old time "Gothic" entertainment in my book...

Sorry to threadjack.. on this wonderful day to take a tour...

It is a beautiful day!! Hope they had a good turn out for the Wine Stroll. I had quite a crowd for the PW Cultural Center walking tour this morning!!

Anyways...just wanted to note that both Gone WIth The Wind and Rebecca were produced by David O. Selznick, who never made a movie halfway....only the best by him!!!