Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default “Pizza Spider's”

Ha – made you look, but remember all those AOL CD-Roms that you got in the mail every week?
    I made a curtain and CD stand with them with just a hot glue gun and some string. Now, I've had a few pizza box spiders washed and ready for a project. What's the best way to use these “DIY”? Any ideas?
    Maybe if I was still using 45's there would be a use. How about a drive wheels for cheap online sunbots? Sounds stupid, but there has to be a reuse of these things.

1. “I can't stand your post, and stick it in your eye.”
    2. “Are you nuts, you commie?”
    3. “Nice idea, BigB”
    4. “Glue them together for a T-P roller”
    5. “No use what so ever, and you're no Steve Jobs”
    6. “Put your E-mail address on them, and push into a remote area for a response”
    7. “None of the above”

What the hell is a pizza spider?

Quote Originally Posted by yaktown View Post
    What the hell is a pizza spider?
    the plastic do-hickey they put in the middle of your pizza so the box top doesnt stick in the cheeze...

the best use for them???

throw them away...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I made a curtain and CD stand with them with just a hot glue gun and some string.]
    Pics? Please?

I believe they call those a '' table '' because it resembles a table [[ with 3 legs ) lol

Recycling bin.

Why don't my pizzas come with those? Are they made of plastic? What is their diameter?

Hmmm, and a cute idea for re-using them, though probably not what Kchiamo is looking for.

Are they brittle or flexible? Can the legs be bent or looped? Will heat fuse them?

PS, Pam, thanks for the cool site, I am getting lost in there right now.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; October-07-11 at 10:41 AM.

There used to be collectors of those AOL CDs and 3.5" diskettes. I sold 30-35 on ebay several years ago, but I don't think there's much of a market any longer.

I'm just trying to find a home for "useful" things. And no, I don't have pictures of my art from the 80's . What can you offer?

I'm not that handy for HOME CRAFTS. I don't even do Christmas anymore.

How to recycle pizza box lid support device into Snowman Kits

Every time you order pizza, whether you pick it up or have it delivered, you usually get a plastic pizza box lid support device, to keep the pizza from squishing against the box top. Ever wonder what to do with it besides throw it in the trash? Well, we came up with a cute idea and you can save them throughout the year.

Make a Snowman Kit for yourself or to give to others. These are so simple to make.

What you need:
    -plastic pizza box lid support device
    -black patio paint [[can be foun in small bottles in most craft paint sections)
    -paint brush
    -protective work surface
    -Optional: matte or glossy sealer spray

Step 1:Wash and dry your plastic pieces.

Step 2: With a smaller paint brush, paint a coat of black paint to the top of the plastic piece, making sure to not paint the edges of the legs that appear at the top edges. This will keep your painted part completely round. Allow to dry and paint a second coat. Allow to completely dry.

Step 3: Box them up for a snowman kit. When the snowman is built, you gently push the legs of the plastic piece into the snowman, creating eyes, mouth, and even snowman buttons. Save and use year after year.

More power to the insane stay at home moms [[Martha Stewart), that take this thing "out of the box". I was looking more for Detroit Art. But thanks for the effort all.
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-07-11 at 02:04 PM.

Speaking of art, I was in Boston somewhere, a happening recently gentrified area somewhere on the near south side, in a cafe. There was the neatest recycled art piece on the wall. I forget what exactly it was made of, but there were at least a hundred of them, colorful thin metallic tags. They were hung on a board so they could move if there was a breeze, arranged in a visually pleasant way, with shapes of the different colors. Every time someone walked by, they would ripple a little. It was very eyeable, and I even took a picture in case I wanted to try something like that myself. I lost the picture on my deceased hard drive, so can't share it. But this project of the Pizza Spider art does call back those creative vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Speaking of art, I was in Boston somewhere, a happening recently gentrified area somewhere on the near south side, in a cafe. There was the neatest recycled art piece on the wall. I forget what exactly it was made of, but there were at least a hundred of them, colorful thin metallic tags. They were hung on a board so they could move if there was a breeze, arranged in a visually pleasant way, with shapes of the different colors. Every time someone walked by, they would ripple a little. It was very eyeable, and I even took a picture in case I wanted to try something like that myself. I lost the picture on my deceased hard drive, so can't share it. But this project of the Pizza Spider art does call back those creative vibes.
    Thanks Gaz - you know where I'm coming from. These little Doo-dads in your life should have SOME meaning, and you should re purpose these things for others.
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-07-11 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Brain Cells

Name:  untitled.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  15.2 KB
    Great Cellphone Holder :P

Thanks Papasito, I never thought I'd agree with you on SOMETHING. Love ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    I believe they call those a '' table '' because it resembles a table [[ with 3 legs ) lol
    It does. Bigb do you know any kids that need doll furniture?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    It does. Bigb do you know any kids that need doll furniture?
    Thanks for nothing Pam, your are way off topic.

ROTF Papa.