Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Biased Media?

Default Biased Media?

Im beginning to notice a disturbing trend in this area. The loacal and national media will salivate over any kind of dirt it can get from the City of Detroit while news stories like this one gets buried beneath tons of fluff stories...

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ampus-20111003

And what the heck is up with that Allstate commercial where their black spokesman says "Eeny, meeny, miny or more? Who's bright idea was that?

sadly, it seems that fluff stories sell

I never heard that eeny meeny miny mo, everybody I know said catch a monkey by the toe. Hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Im beginning to notice a disturbing trend in this area. The loacal and national media will salivate over any kind of dirt it can get from the City of Detroit while news stories like this one gets buried beneath tons of fluff stories...

This was featured on the Yahoo.com news page this morning. I'm not sure if it was on the national page or just locally featured as my settings cover Michigan, but it's definitely not being ignored by the media.

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    I never heard that eeny meeny miny mo, everybody I know said catch a monkey by the toe. Hm.
    Yes, I have heard that version also. There are a lot of other versions mentioned in the article too. Almost all of them are cute and innocent.

The Lawsuit in the United States section of the article explains why the rhyme can be insulting.

I just can't understand why Allstate would have risked exposing their reputation to that controversy. I thought insurance companies were naturally cautious—overly so. I can't believe it was out of ignorance though. Surely they research these things carefully.

Dennis Haysbert is the spokesman. He does a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post

FYI, the story was from Michigan State University, of course fluff is good when it comes to anything outside the city.

The bottom feeders at WJBK are the worst at that too [[salivating over any kind of dirt on the city), by far, in comparison to the other outlets.

Meanwhile WDIV has turned into Soccer Mom central.

WXYX is the lesser of the three evils.

Newspapers are just as awful.

This is all because the people who work at/run these operations live in the suburbs. They hate Detroit. If it weren't for FCC regulations they wouldn't even report on/broadcast in Detroit or say they're a Detroit station.
    Last edited by 313WX; October-06-11 at 09:01 PM.