Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit cop charged in Aiyana's shooting death

Looks like charges have finally been filed in the shooting death of young Aiyana Jones in a police raid over a year ago. An interesting twist to the story is that the videographer for "The First 48" TV show was also charged with perjury and obstruction of justice. And coincidentially her father, who the police were looking for in the raid, was also charged today.
    It will be interesting to see how this all pans out.
    http://www.freep.com/article/20111004/NEWS01/111004022/Detroit-police-officer-charged-shooting-death-Aiyana-Stanley-Jones-7-during-raid?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I find it pretty disgusting that the videographer perjured herself and obstructed justice when the death of a child was involved. I wish they would have provided more details.

I also find it disgusting that she was killed as a result of her father's senseless killing of a teenager. It's a viscious cycle.

The whole thing is disgusting. Without knowing all the facts I can't say whether or not the cop did something wrong. I hope justice is done, whatever that may be.

Best wishes to the family, I know it's been a while, but it probably still hits them like a ton of bricks everyday they wake up without their little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceFair View Post
    I also find it disgusting that she was killed as a result of her father's senseless killing of a teenager. It's a viscious cycle.
    Oh, definitely agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceFair View Post
    It appear to me that not too many people are focusing on that. Remember; this was only just a couple of weeks after the Officer Huff's shooting. The police was going into a situation where a cold blooded murder was hiding out. I am sorry for what had happened to the little girl. Like Jesus Christ the innocent will die for the sins of the guilty and wicked

This so-called father bares most of the responsibility for what happened to his daughter because he knowingly let a murderer stay under his roof. Had he acted like a real man, he would never have put his little girl in danger.

I'm sick of all the senseless violence and destruction in this broken town. Screw the dad and the uncle. Unless a vicious disregard for the safety of the child by the officer is proven, I support him. It is easy to Monday morning quarterback decisions made in an instant at the scene. I suspect that the officer and his family have been shattered by this. They are not the ones who were harboring a criminal.

7 year old dead.
    17 year old dead.
    2 grown men headed for decades long sentences.
    1 officer charged
    1 camerawoman perjured

The guy put evil out in the world and it came home to roost with a vengeance.

If it turns out the cop tried to misrepresent evidence he deserves punishment. Prison time? Maybe, certainly not more than 5 years.

And it is absolutely amazing how behind the police newspaper forum commentators are. Demonizing the entire family as if that changes the fact that the police officer pulled the trigger one iota.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    7 year old dead.
    17 year old dead.
    2 grown men headed for decades long sentences.
    1 officer charged
    1 camerawoman perjured

You forgot "1 dirty look"

Also charged in Blake’s murder is Chauncey Owens, who admitted to killing the 17-year-old and had agreed to testify that Charles Jones gave him the gun he used in the shooting after Blake gave him a dirty look.

The officers discharged his firearm and shot the little girl. Peroid. It doesn't matter who was harboring who. It doesn't matter if the Boston Strangler is hiding in the attic. You don't pull the damm trigger if you're not sure where the round is going, you just don't do that. A little girl was killed that's not acceptable in any way, shape or form.

Amen to that. STRESS taught us a lot about trigger happy cops.

^^^^ spam!? ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    The officers discharged his firearm and shot the little girl. Peroid. It doesn't matter who was harboring who. It doesn't matter if the Boston Strangler is hiding in the attic. You don't pull the damm trigger if you're not sure where the round is going, you just don't do that. A little girl was killed that's not acceptable in any way, shape or form.
    Exactly sir!