Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Best place to watch the Tigers game tonight?

Hi folks -- I have to teach tonight & thought I'd drop by one of the sports bars for a bite and to watch the game. Any suggestions for a downtown Detroit venue? My folks & friends are NFL and NBA fans, not so much MLB...

I liked this place last night. Warning this bar tends to get very noisy. Food and drinks tend to be a bit pricey and there is a cover charge.

Rub it in, why don't you? Grrr... LOL!

It's my own fault. I've been running 16-18 hour days lately... didn't grab tickets when I could. But it'd be great to be as close to the action as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Rub it in, why don't you? Grrr... LOL!

It's my own fault. I've been running 16-18 hour days lately... didn't grab tickets when I could. But it'd be great to be as close to the action as possible.
    If you haven't been, try the Elwood Grill, right behind the Gem and Century Theater, where Ford Field and Comerica Park meet on Adams St. Get there early, but it'll be a great atmosphere and you'll be right in the heart of all the action if we clinch. TVs everywhere.

Bookies Bar & Grille on Cass Ave is also a great spot that caters to Tiger fans. Enjoy!

Getting a best ticket for a Tiger's game during the playoffs is very hard. The cheaper ones can run up to 300 bucks, But that's for the bleacher seats.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    If you haven't been, try the Elwood Grill, right behind the Gem and Century Theater, where Ford Field and Comerica Park meet on Adams St. Get there early, but it'll be a great atmosphere and you'll be right in the heart of all the action if we clinch. TVs everywhere.

Bookies Bar & Grille on Cass Ave is also a great spot that caters to Tiger fans. Enjoy!
    Thanks, corktownyuppie! I'll try it. Can't wait to be in the crowd!

Nemo's is always a great place to watch a ballgame, but it is quite a way from Comerica, if being near the stadium has value for you.

I have plans to stop by Abick's to meet a couple of friends. If it works out, I hope to watch the game there.

Best of luck Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Getting a best ticket for a Tiger's game during the playoffs is very hard. The cheaper ones can run up to 300 bucks, But that's for the bleacher seats.
    hm...last night tix for today were going for around $90. Of course, that was before we won

I'll be watching on an airplane [[via Jet Blue), and have to admit my NY roots make me a Yankees fan. Then again, with A.J. Burnett pitching for the Yanks, you guys have a great chance to move on to the ALCS.

I will be at home. I am not going to say that the fat lady will sing on this 1st round of the playoffs with the Yankees until it is over. Never underestimated the most expensive team in the league.

Oh that was painful. I couldn't bear it and had to switch it off. I hope young Al Alburquerque is not psychologically damaged by his outings in this series. He has been a classic deer in the headlights so far. I think is Rookie of the Year stock, even if playoffs are not supposed to be in that calculation, have dropped precipitously.

Yes, I doubt we'll be seeing Alburquerque in Game 5. Leland did put him into the game in tough situations, but he just did not get the job done. It would stink for him mentally to end the season on such a bad note, but I just cannot see them using him in a tough situation again.

I would rather see Verlander be the relief pitcher this next game. I know he is resting his arm but this is a do or die game. He will have time to rest his arm if the Tigers goes to the next level. He could stay out the first and second game.

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    . I think is Rookie of the Year stock, even if playoffs are not supposed to be in that calculation, have dropped precipitously.
    Tough for the playoffs to count when voting is already in same for MVP and all of your other fun awards.