Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Fire Vehicles at Cobo this AM

6-7 DFD vehicles with sirens blaring. What's up?

It seems someone found a handgrenade. Not the local rock band The Handgrenades, but a real handgrenade.

Fox 2 reported this morning that there was a grenade found at the UAW building on Jefferson.

Turned out to be fake at the UAW building.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011100...all-bomb-squad

The DFD vehicles I saw Monday were not at the Ford UAW building. They were out of front of the main entrance to Cobo on Washington Ave, in the valet driveway.

That's far enough away to make me wonder if the incidents are perhaps not directly related. Maybe the DFD vehicles needed to stay a safe distance from the potential grenade, and just chose that Cobo valet driveway as a place to gather/park.

What I heard on the news is that the vehicles were dealing with the grenade at the UAW building, and the front of Cobo was just the gathering spot.