Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Where were you watching Lions/Tigers win on Sunday?

Wow, what a cool day Sunday was. I picked up a neighbor and we drove to Duffy's Bar on Six Mile in Detroit [[one of my favorite old hangouts) to see the Tigers and the last half of the Lions' game.

And who would have ever thought things would turn out the way they did. When we arrived at Duffy's the Lions were behind 27-3. A while later the Tigers/Yankees game started. It was a fun afternoon watching both and hearing the crowd's response to both games simultaneously.

So where was everyone else watching the games?

agrahlma Guest

I watched both at home – I love my DVR! Watched the Lions live, while I recorded the Tigers. It was a good day!

I was cutting the grass and other yard work while taking a peek every 15 mins. because i can't stand the tension of watching it unfold play by play. I'm almost a believer now. Can't wait for Monday against Chicago to bring them to 5 and 0. Have been a disappointed follower for 30 years and used to go see them at the Silverdome. They do have a great team this year but the glue holding them together is Jim Schwartz. He carries that air about him that tells you he intends to be tops at anything he tries. I think at last I'll get a Lion's hat!

home for the lions, didn't watch the tigers game.

It cracks me up how the biggest lions slappies aren't fans or local media types, but all the national commentators

Watched the Tigers, listened to the Lions on the web from my outpost in the Pacific NorthLeft. Wife was wondering why I was yelling at the computer....

I watched the Tigers at Doc's Pierside Grill on Bonita Beach in SW Florida. It's traditionally a Chicago place so I can't wait for next week. Lots of Yankee fans until about the 7th inning, then they mysteriously disappeared.

Why is Valverde our closer when Benoit is a better pitcher? Jose is going to cough it up one of these games, just like he almost did last night.

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    I

Why is Valverde our closer when Benoit is a better pitcher? Jose is going to cough it up one of these games, just like he almost did last night.
    Yeah he is going to cough it up just like he did soooooo many times during the season....Oh wait a minute that's right he has 0 blown saves.

Gotta love armchair managers who know nothing about the people they talk about

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    Yeah he is going to cough it up just like he did soooooo many times during the season....Oh wait a minute that's right he has 0 blown saves.

Gotta love armchair managers who know nothing about the people they talk about
    Agreed. Set up and closer are two different animals and Valverde has flat-out been a better pitcher than Benoit this year. Cano is a Tiger-killer and a clutch ballplayer. Huge out.

I was in my living room watching the Lions as I screamed and jumped up and down.

Leyland took a team that was 2nd/3rd place team in July to the team with the biggest lead in their division in all MLB. They have mastered deficit-comebacks to win ??? many games and are now a team that NY respects if not fears. If Leyland and the coaches go with Valverde, why question that? They know what they are doing. I don't know how he turned the team around exactly but the current Tigers are not the July Tigers for sure. And please God, no injuries for a few weeks...

I'm in South Korea teaching at the moment, and the Lions games come on at 2am here. [[and I work afternoons)

I started watching the Lions and after they got down by 27-3 I said eff this I'm going to bed [[this was at around 4am)

Lo and behold I wakeup and they came back and won the game. This is the second time that I went to bed because they were down big at the half.

An interesting assessment of the Lions from SI:

1. The Lions can't lose. With 25 minutes to play last week, they trailed at Minnesota by 20. With 25 minutes to play to play this week, they trailed at Dallas by 24. Won both. They won their last four last year, their only four this summer in the preseason, and their first four this year in the regular season. Just what kind of alternate universe are we living in where the Lions are undefeated and Matthew Stafford is healthy

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1WheS6HvQ

YAY LIONS Finally I waited 31 years for this moment!

Lafayette Towers at Detroit Zacks!

Lions still need a good running back. I am glad that they are doing well starting off but I won't be dissapointed if they flop the rest of the season. One thing about being a losing team. The expectation of you is low so when you start doing well at the beginning then flop, your conditioned fan base would be understanding and would not have a bad day at the office on Monday morning

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Lions still need a good running back. I am glad that they are doing well starting off but I won't be dissapointed if they flop the rest of the season. One thing about being a losing team. The expectation of you is low so when you start doing well at the beginning then flop, your conditioned fan base would be understanding and would not have a bad day at the office on Monday morning
    They have two good running backs, one happens to be lost for the season. They won't flop the rest of the season because they actually have some depth for once.

the way these 2 teams are playing, I'll be watching from a hospital bed while recovering from a heart attack LOL ! in all seriousness though the Lions offensive line [[Backus in particular) worries me, they need to get a consistent run game going.