Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Prohibition Photos

Here's a link to a photo gallery from the Detroit News from Prohibition times in Detroit

http://multimedia.detnews.com/pix/ph...ion/index.html

I wonder how much of that booze ended up in the Detroit River over Prohibition's existence.

I wonder how much of that booze ended up in the middle of Michigan after smuggling it through Detroit.

Nice, interesting photos, thanks for posting the link.

Hey, it's grandpa!!

Thanks for posting...great photos.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Here's a link to a photo gallery from the Detroit News from Prohibition times in Detroit

http://multimedia.detnews.com/pix/ph...ion/index.html

I wonder how much of that booze ended up in the Detroit River over Prohibition's existence.
    I wonder how much of the booze that they confiscated was actually destroyed.
    My hunch is that law enforcement had plenty of booze in their fridges. Ice boxes?
    Can't say that I blame them.

Those are great pics. I wouldn't mind buying a few of them. I was thinking of the one with the alcohol flowing out of the windows and the last one.
    Last edited by rjk; October-02-11 at 07:36 PM.

Now people just sit by when the government takes away their rights. Must have been a heartier American back then.

The first part of Ken Burns's three part "Prohibition" was on PBS tonight.

http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/prohibition

We can all thanks to every last temperance movements of the mid to late 19th Centuries for making prohibition of Alcoholic beverages possible. However since Alcohol is fused in our human nature, people will still drink to get their high while destroying our loved ones in the process. So drink up Americans and go crazy on beer, gin, rum, brandy, vodka, liquor, whiskey, wine and moonshine!

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

The Purples, Il Costra Nostra and the Oakland Sugar House Gang did the fine job bootlegging booze to Detroit and all over. Speakeasies pop up like mushrooms and drive-by shootings to control and protect various Detroit neighborhoods make Alcohol possible to weak people.

Neda, I miss you so.