Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Brunch Factory [nka The Hudson Grill]

Does anyone has any word pertaining to the opening of the Detroit Brunch Factory? It look like the construction or renovation had been completed. Someone had said that the owner is waiting on a permit from the city. I don't know how true that is. The owner had told me in August the he will open after Labor Day. I haven't been able to see him inside the place doing work since August.

Location? Menu?

I believe it's in what used to be the Detroit Breakfast House and Grill.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    I believe it's in what used to be the Detroit Breakfast House and Grill.
    Yes. The restaurant will open today as I was told at the former Detroit Breakfast House location. The prices are going to be reasonable. Not expensive as the Detroit Breakfast House were. I was told that the opening day is today.

New news ! I was going to post this today but "someone" [[stasu1213) beat me to the punch :-[[.
    It's not called the Detroit Brunch Factory .
    I know two of the new owners of the New .... wait for it .....HUDSON GRILL .Named for it's location right across the street from the former store . I stopped by yesterday to talk to two of my buddies and one buddies mom , who were all there doing last prep . It looks great by the way ! They've all work in the industry for years and have current restaurants in the northern burbs ,so the chances are it will do well .The menu is looks good , mostly breakfast and lunch, the prices are good also.
    They have had a couple "test" and will have a "soft opening ", nothing to big, this weekend .
    They are really looking forward to the holiday's coming up with their location right on the parade route and right in camera view :-) Dan Gilbert and his crew have already been in and gave it their "blessing "
    They should do well , time will tell, on a side note Dan and crew ,have really been checking out his new "neighborhood" . I spoke to another business owner on the same block... think coffee :-) and word is Dan and his crew have been in, checked it out, and like what they saw. I have to say Dan Gilbert is doing more for Detroit in the last year than most "Business Men" have done in the last 40.
    He is a smart man with a good plan, think "WEBWARD" perviously know as Woodward. If things work out in his vision, Downtown Detroit will FINALLY see some real growth, thank you Detroit Venture Capital, and to the Slum lords holding on to Detroit's beautiful architecture and legacy waiting for a "payday", hit eight mile , or stay out in Grosse Pointe , you aren't helping Detroit by letting our beautiful buildings rot because you want a BIG payday. Smart move on the city putting fees on building new owners who sit on properties, Hopefully we won't ever have properties owners letting building rot for 40 years , shame on them !
    Ok I'm done venting :-)

Any idea on when there will be a website?

Yes there will be a website, it should be up soon ,they are still working on it .

A friend of mine went there yesterday and said it was amazing. He said they have red velvet pancakes that are to die for. I forgot about it, so did my usual Forans today. Next weekend I for sure need to try those red velvet pancakes!

Hmm. What are their hours? Are they still in soft opening phase?

Good to see a new restaurant in that space. I heard about the news from a friend earlier so I can't wait to check it out when I get back to the D!

The name change is a smart move. Never thought The Breakfast House or Brunch Factory made a lot of sense. Hopefully there's enough additional office workers downtown to give the place a decent lunch business also.

I like the reach-back name. It says 'we know where we are and is Detroit-centric'. It gives me hope that they know what they are doing and is a good marketing move.

Default It is great.

Hey all. I had the pleasure of stopping in the Hudson Grill on Saturday with some friends. We even had an extra drop in about 10 mins past ordering. I just want to let everyone know just how fantastic an experience we had.

The food was excellent, with a really large and interesting menu. It looks like they will be having a grab and go breakfast menu for those of us too lazy to cook in the morning, but hungry enough to stop for breakfast.

There are a large number of Eggs Benedict options which all looked fantastic, our group had two different styles, class and Eggs Florentine which were both ranted about. I had a classic Corned Beef Hash which was also very good. Finally one of our members tried a Mexican styled eggs dish whose name alludes me.

Anyhow, the service was fantastic and attentive, it took a little longer than our server had anticipated [[which wasn't really that long) for our food to come out, and so the house offered us a short stack of their Red Velvet pancakes to try. They are fantastic.

Basically the point of this post is that you should all stop in there sometime. Its a really great spot with some excellent high ceilings, a few TVs [[but tasteful IMHO) and a really fresh sounding menu. I know I'll be back.

For those interested, prices were in line with other non-coney-island breakfast locations downtown or in Ferndale/Royal Oak/Brimingham [[read not super cheap, but reasonable for the quality and amount of food).

Minor detail, the name is actually "Hudson Cafe." The sign went up Friday night. And, they have a Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HUDSON...wall&filter=12

Thanks for the reviews.

Just had breakfast here, and it was very delicious! Service was great, and the menu had so many appetizing items to choose from. I will definitely be back, and I would recommend anyone to try this place.

Did they have the famous Maurice salad that Hudson's was famous for?

Thanks downtown guy ! the Hudson Cafe is great ! I recently went for breakfast with a couple of friends I brought in from , believe it or not NOVI ! , They love the place ! One of my friends was a vegetarian , and she LOVED it ! the prices are fine , not bad at all . Try the red velvet cupcakes , they are good AND they beautiful young lady behind the counter /cashier, makes them herself !!!! marry me now ! :-) I've been there a couple of times and have actually seen her mixing the batter while ringing up customers ! , she knows her stuff ! :-)
    If you haven't been there go show some Detroit love to the Hudson Cafe !
    After breakfast we went over to Avalon and got more coffee and treats for them to take to their friends in Novi , that love Avalon but don't get into the city much , just to sweeten the deal ,:-) and peak their interested ;-)

Looks like the salad is on the menu. It's called the "Hudson." Here's a link to the menu.

http://hudson-cafe.com/index-2.html