Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: People Mover

Default People Mover

Awesome! Very cool!!

[[I bet they'd still do this when the fare is raised to 75 cents....or yes, even $1).

I absolutely dig this. Only, my luck would be that I'd be stuck on the PM with that band at the 4:56 mark. I'd rather walk.

LOL Hipsters LOL

Amazing this is the first time the fare has been raised since this moving boondoggle started.

Love the video.

I was in Bangkok yesterday and took some pictures of their version of the people mover. Its actually functional and thought out you can use it to get from downtown to home and not just go in a big circle and it costs from .65 to about 1.25 to ride to get from one end to the other takes about 40 minutes. Many sections also have a build in walk way underneath Name:  IMG_1077.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  39.4 KBName:  IMG_1061.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  30.8 KBName:  IMG_1085.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  32.9 KB

Holy concrete Batman!

Thanks for the photos dday. I'll be in Bangkok later this year or early next year so I'll check it out. Looks....interesting lol.

TheEnergizer if your watching your money you should use it as soon as you get to BKK it goes from the airport all the way downtown for about 2 dollars and its just as quick as a taxi which would cost you on the low side about $15.00. I wish we had something like this at metro airport I hate having to find a ride to the airport everytime I want fly somewhere. Detroit is the worst places in the world for getting to and from the airport

One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble...that's all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by guito13 View Post
    LOL Hipsters LOL
    LOL.

It is rather outside of my tastes, but I still appreciate it. It's very unique and covers quite a wide variety of culture within Detroit and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    LOL.

It is rather outside of my tastes, but I still appreciate it. It's very unique and covers quite a wide variety of culture within Detroit and beyond.
    I know, i was mostly joking. The hipsters are definately something I dont understand but they make good people watching and they are going to play a part in the revival of the city.

Good video.

I use the people mover all time when I'm downtown as it serves a purpose of moving people around downtown. I love how those people in the video are given off energy.

Its not all hipsters. If you get more than half-way though you will get some good blues. I thinks its a bit long, but all in all an interesting experiment.