Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Major police action on the far east side this afternoon--what gives?

I was traveling north on Mack, past Cadieux, this afternoon around 3:45 when 6-7 police cars came barreling by at [[least) 60 MPH with lights flashing and sirens blazing. As I continued north, two more passed by and turned on Moross. I didn't see any of them after that. Nothing about it on the 4 p.m. news. Any idea what's going on? [[My initial reaction, which I hope is not right, was that the only thing that would get that kind of a response would be an ' officer down' call.)

Something happen at St. John's maybe?

Any idea what's going on?

Donut sale?

Dawn Donuts, NOW REOPENING at Moross & I-94!

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Any idea what's going on?

Donut sale?
    Yeah, I thought that too. Also: Drunk man raising fist somewhere...

It was a shooting and the victim was driven to St. John Hospital where he was pronounced dead. There are two crime scenes a few blocks apart somewhere on the east side.

DetroitPole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    It was a shooting and the victim was driven to St. John Hospital where he was pronounced dead. There are two crime scenes a few blocks apart somewhere on the east side.
    Any idea where? I noticed a very high police presence in general around 4:15 on the far east side as well.

No, I saw it on Channel 4, but they didn't give a street name and I couldn't see any signs. It looks like an older neighborhood than those right around St. John, though.

Wayburn near Alter and Outer Drive

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    Dawn Donuts, NOW REOPENING at Moross & I-94!
    I wouldn't go there, last time I was there [[before they closed) the Donuts tasted like perfume. Turned me off to Donuts for a while, and that place forever.

Isn't the whole far east side a crime scene?

Stromberg2

DetroitPole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Isn't the whole far east side a crime scene?

Stromberg2
    No. That is incorrect. Some of us live here in nice neighborhoods or on nice streets/blocks and are concerned about our environs. I'm sure many could chime in about Monroe, but I'm not going to shit on where you live.

edit: Thanks for the info, jcole. Things seem to have quickly quieted down.
    Last edited by DetroitPole; September-28-11 at 09:41 AM.

I was only kidding, ala Jjaba. Believe me, Monroe sucks! I know there are many nice neighborhoods on the East side, I just know more about the westside.

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Yeah, I thought that too. Also: Drunk man raising fist somewhere...
    Good one Nerd.

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPole View Post
    No. That is incorrect. Some of us live here in nice neighborhoods or on nice streets/blocks and are concerned about our environs. I'm sure many could chime in about Monroe, but I'm not going to shit on where you live.

edit: Thanks for the info, jcole. Things seem to have quickly quieted down.
    Stromberg misspoke. He should have said the far East side is a crime scene or a potential crime scene - stop being so thin skinned. It's not like you never heard of the East/West divide in this city.

DetroitPole Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    Stromberg misspoke. He should have said the far East side is a crime scene or a potential crime scene - stop being so thin skinned. It's not like you never heard of the East/West divide in this city.
    Ah, you again. It's been a while since you came out to harass me. I get what stromberg was saying now, and it's fine, no need to prance in.
    Hell, in ten years, at this rate, people are going to be joking about all of Ferndale being a crime scene. Watch what you say.
    Last edited by DetroitPole; September-29-11 at 04:50 PM.

lilpup Guest

60 Minutes last Sunday had a piece on NYPD's anti-terror unit. One of the things they do is stage huge, swarming police responses to non-existent situations [[the public doesn't know the difference) as a show of force and making their presence known.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    60 Minutes last Sunday had a piece on NYPD's anti-terror unit. One of the things they do is stage huge, swarming police responses to non-existent situations [[the public doesn't know the difference) as a show of force and making their presence known.
    I'm thinking that maybe they've been doing a lot of that lately.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post

Yeah, they have to remind us who the true terrorists are...what a bunch of bullshit.

We're living in Orwell's 1984...

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I wouldn't go there, last time I was there [[before they closed) the Donuts tasted like perfume. Turned me off to Donuts for a while, and that place forever.
    you should try Detroit donut. its in the penobscot building [[coffee tastes like crap though)

Word on the street is that someone was shot inside the CVS at Gratiot and McDougall yesterday. Were the cops heading that way?

This was three days ago, Dj

It's just BROTHERS KILLING BROTHERS in the ghetto folks! They are contributing the population decline of Detroit black roots!

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

Where's Rev. Dr Martin Luther King when the black community needed him. I might as well call Bill Cosby!

Neda, I miss you so.