Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Restaurant Week

DRW started on Friday night and lasts until next Sunday.

Five of us went to Iridescence on Friday night. Two people had not been there before, and both were blown away. The course options, creativity of all the dishes we had and the portion sizes really made the restaurant a real steal. [[We still laugh about the time we went to Cuisine for DWR and three of us separately stopped at McDonald's on the way home because we were still really hungry thanks to the tiny portions given to us.)

Rattlesnake Club is on for Friday night.

Anyone else have any reports about their DRW experiences this weekend?

Atlas was very good. Portion size was surprisingly small compared to the time I went there for The city's first DRW in 2010. However, the menu selection was extensive and exciting. The saddle of Canadian rabbit, although small, was one of the tastiest dishes I had ever had, the layers of simultaneous flavors sent my taste buds str8 to heaven

Haven't been yet, although I'm thinking really hard about it.
    We went two evenings during last year's event. Coach Insignia was alright. The view was the best part of the evening. The second dining experience, Wolfgang Puck, was excellent! Great service and the food was awesome.

Went to Atlas tonight, was very good,, afterwards some friends from the northwest burbs came down to Opus One and they met us afterwards at atlas for drinks, they said Opus was absolutely awful, the duck was raw, they sent it back, came back barely different, the rest of the food on the plate was cold, they had gone to Coach Insignia just days before and said it was also terrible , They said they wouldnt be back downtown for a while,, Opus/ Coach needs to spruce its act up, you just discouraged two people very, very well connected to higher end restaurants in the area. Im trying to get them to join me at Atlas just to redeem this. At least Atlas is keeping its standards up.

All I saw on their web site was a listing of upscale restaurants, as mentioned in above posts. Are there not others participating?

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    Went to Atlas tonight, was very good,, afterwards some friends from the northwest burbs came down to Opus One and they met us afterwards at atlas for drinks, they said Opus was absolutely awful, the duck was raw, they sent it back, came back barely different, the rest of the food on the plate was cold, they had gone to Coach Insignia just days before and said it was also terrible , They said they wouldnt be back downtown for a while,, Opus/ Coach needs to spruce its act up, you just discouraged two people very, very well connected to higher end restaurants in the area. Im trying to get them to join me at Atlas just to redeem this. At least Atlas is keeping its standards up.
    I've heard horror stories about both of these place and in no rush to visit either . I also checked out DRW I went to 24 Grill and was very happy, I've eaten there before so I had an Idea of what I was in for .
    I have friends coming into town . They are staying at the Book, so I'm sure I will visit 24 grill again, however I haven't been to iridescence , but looking forward to it , I've heard good thing about iridescence . Word of mouth is a powerful thing ! ;-)
    Last edited by Detroitdave; September-28-11 at 08:51 AM. Reason: more

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    I eat at Opus One fairly regularly and it's never been anything but excellent. Not sure what was going on for your friends' visit but it's unfortunate.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    I've heard horror stories about both of these place and in no rush to visit either . I also checked out DRW I went to 24 Grill and was very happy, I've eaten there before so I had an Idea of what I was in for .
    I have friends coming into town . They are staying at the Book, so I'm sure I will visit 24 grill again, however I haven't been to iridescence , but looking forward to it , I've heard good thing about iridescence . Word of mouth is a powerful thing ! ;-)
    I've never had a bad experience at Coach Insignia, but it has been almost 2 years since I've been there. That would suck if their quality is going down.

Iridescence and 24Grille are terrific.
    Last edited by bartock; September-28-11 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling