Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit Folk Festival

The Detroit Folk Festival was great! Gannon you did a superb job running the sound board. Such excellent talent.thanks Audra!

Thanks, Pat. It was great to see your smilin' face...and get a hug from your honey. I'm not sure how I ever made it to four a.m., but the sleep from then to ten-thirty was some of the best I've had in ages. Earned it.

What a great group of people. All around, one of the best concert events I've ever been a part of...sure we ended up running late...but the set by Pree from Washington DC was worth the wait. It was a great effort by all involved, the TrumbullPlex is a treasure that needs the community's support. And it showed up in droves!

The gentlemen of Gardens proved their professionalism when some idiot tried to cause some mayhem near the end of their set. As various band members did the least they could do to kick this guy off their stage without overt violence in return, they ended up trading seats...but not missing a beat in their song. A few pumpkins were damaged in the ruckus, and that was it. Mouth-breather and his leathered friends were welcomed to leave, and the party went on. Next time Gardens said they might let me mix their vocals...LOL...

Cheers to all who made it out yesterday...I'm still feelin' the love. I need it to get past the pain in these old joints. Maybe need a new joint...

Hell yeah, John!

Stromberg2