Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Bye Bye D.A.D.T. ~ " Don't Ask, Don't Tell"

As far as gays are concerned, as long as they are not acting inappropriately - aka sexually harassing others and/or imposing what they do in the bed on others in the work place, it's should be a non-issue to have them serve openly in the Military.

Sexual Harrassment is not cool for straight people to do, so it's not cool for homosexuals to do either.

Try being a man and imposing your sexlife on ladies at your workplace and see how far that gets you!

The only thing I'm wondering is - Should homosexuals share the same bathrooms and showers with straight people? It's the equivalent of having the same shower and bathroom for men and women to share, in a way, isn't it?

What about you ladies? Would you feel comfortable showering with a dozen other women when some of them might be attracted to you?

This thread is not about gay bashing, it's about discussion and information, so let's see if any responses might be constructive and explanatory for once, rather then flaming whoever posted right above them.
    No pun intended on the flaming comment. Name:  c o f f i n.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  19.8 KB

The only thing I'm wondering is - Should homosexuals share the same bathrooms and showers with straight people? It's the equivalent of having the same shower and bathroom for men and women to share, in a way, isn't it?
    They already do. DADT doesn't change that.

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    As far as gays are concerned, as long as they are not acting inappropriately - aka sexually harassing others and/or imposing what they do in the bed on others in the work place, it's should be a non-issue to have them serve openly in the Military.

Sexual Harrassment is not cool for straight people to do, so it's not cool for homosexuals to do either.

Try being a man and imposing your sexlife on ladies at your workplace and see how far that gets you!

What about you ladies? Would you feel comfortable showering with a dozen other women when some of them might be attracted to you?

This thread is not about gay bashing, it's about discussion and information, so let's see if any responses might be constructive and explanatory for once, rather then flaming whoever posted right above them.
    No pun intended on the flaming comment. Name:  c o f f i n.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  19.8 KB

Bulls**t, you can't make obvious Gay-bashing remarks and then claim that your thread is not about Gay bashing, but about "discussion and information". Since when have Conservatives been interested in discussing this issue? They are much more interested in trying to use it as a wedge issue. It's only because that tactic is beginning to not work for them anymore that we have even been able to make as much progress as have,

Here's some information for you: your tired canards about Gay servicemembers and whether or not they should share the same facilities as everyone else is not only anti-Gay, it reeks of "separate but equal" and is based on an entirely false premise [[that Gay people will make unwanted sexual advances towards others).
    It is also the same tired argument that was used to try and keep the Armed Services segregated [[ that white servicemen will never share facilities with black servicemen).

Here is some more information for you: Gay servicemembers ALREADY ARE AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN sharing the same facilities, and from what I can see the delicate sexuality of the heterosexual service members has remained safe and sound.

As a Gay former Servicemember, I take offense to your implying that Gay men and women somehow can't control themselves around hets. Here is a final bit of information for you:
    NOT ALL GAY PEOPLE WANT YOU!

Put on your big boy undies and accept the fact that DADT is history, and that Gay men and women have been and will continue to serve with dignity and distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    As a Gay former Servicemember, I take offense to your implying that Gay men and women somehow can't control themselves around hets. Here is a final bit of information for you:
    NOT ALL GAY PEOPLE WANT YOU!
    +Uno

It pisses me off when some straight people assume that gays are uncontrollable sexually and will hit on anything that moves -- sheesh, people, don't flatter yourself.

Steve bennet Guest

Gay or not, anyone dumb enough to want to be in the military should be allowed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post

Change "white" to "straight", and "colored" to "gay".

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    +Uno

It pisses me off when some straight people assume that gays are uncontrollable sexually and will hit on anything that moves -- sheesh, people, don't flatter yourself.
    Jeezz, I gave up my sex life 10 years ago. That's the part about Bill Clinton that really pisses me off. Nice job Mr, President. And from a Democrat. Obama is next- no thanks to you Repubs. Go retire to to you're plantations.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Change "white" to "straight", and "colored" to "gay".

Game, set, match: vetalalumni. The photo pins it.

Note how much effort racists had to expend just to rationalize their irrational perspective.

I personally witnessed these drinking fountain arrangements in the '60s south but by the time I had arrived the signs had vanished. What remained were two fountains where one fountain would obviously have been sufficient. It raised questions in the mind of any traveler passing through. Ironically, the absence of the signs told a much more powerful and lasting story than ever did their presence.
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-23-11 at 09:06 PM.

I thought DADT was a good solution. It worked for me; why didn't it work for those that are not as the norm? Why do they want special treatment? Why was it necessary to destroy the real meaning of English words to describe their activity when words already existed? They've even coined a word to describe someone who doesn't approve of their activities even though these detractors can't help it because they were born that way. My message is do it if you want too but - get out of my face!

Well the John Birchers and Tea Party retards gave DADT a real big sendoff by booing that gay soldier's question at the debate the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Well the John Birchers and Tea Party retards gave DADT a real big sendoff by booing that gay soldier's question at the debate the other night.
    Ron Paul considers the JBS friends, but he cannot be held accountable for the behavior of every member.

What says Ron Paul on DADT?

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Ron Paul considers the JBS friends, but he cannot be held accountable for the behavior of every member.

What says Ron Paul on DADT?
    Ron Paul: Constituents changed my mind on 'don't ask, don't tell'

Summary: Ron Paul supported DADT since it was instituted but says his constituents have changed his mind. He was one of five Republican representatives who voted to repeal DADT.

[QUOTE=oladub;274493]Ron Paul: Constituents changed my mind on 'don't ask, don't tell'

Summary: Ron Paul supported DADT since it was instituted but says his constituents have changed his mind. He was one of five Republican representatives who voted to repeal DADT.[/QUOTE ]

I do respect a politician who puts his constituents first
    Last edited by firstandten; September-24-11 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Ron Paul: Constituents changed my mind on 'don't ask, don't tell'

Summary: Ron Paul supported DADT since it was instituted but says his constituents have changed his mind. He was one of five Republican representatives who voted to repeal DADT.
    Is this change of mind a rare flip-flop, I mean inconsistency, on Paul's part