Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

agrahlma Guest

Default Detroit Bomb Squad Behind Compuware Building right now

The Detroit bomb squad is setting-up behind the Compuware building. Gratiot is blocked-off - police and fire crews are all over the area.

Suspicious package. The garage that I park in had it's Gratiot entrance\exit closed and we were re-routed.

Something went kaflooey about 10 minutes ago from over there. I walked over about 45 minutes ago and everybody was just standing around. From where I am now, I can't see it and can't say if the bomb squad blew it up or if it went off by itself. I checked both newspapers' websites, the tv news stations websites, and WWJ, but nobody got it posted as breaking news yet, even though I saw a few news crews when I walked over there. Guess I'll just have to watch the local news later.... which generally makes my stomach turn.

I've also got to say, with the limited resources for fire equipment and personnel in this city, I was amazed to see maybe 10 rigs there. Could a package in the street really do enough damage to warrant that kind of response, putting the rest of the city with reduced protection?

I just noticed this car bomb explosion in Monroe today. Connection?
    http://news.yahoo.com/atf-car-bomb-b...171442032.html

lilpup Guest

The size of the blast depends upon what explosive is used and the size of the package. Also, if it's near parked vehicles then there's potential for spreading.

We had a pipe bomb turn up in the body shop where I once worked - the bomb squad checked it out, decided they couldn't risk moving it, then set it off IN the building. We had a HUGE mess to clean up aside from the other seven or eight customers' cars that were in there at the time.

Saw some pictures from Detroit Urbex on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9112636&type=1

Isn't this something that usually gets breaking news?! There's nothing on the usual news websites other than the Monroe bomb. I would think this would have got tons of attention being in downtown Detroit.

Steve bennet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    The size of the blast depends upon what explosive is used and the size of the package
    That's what she said.