Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Corruption never seems to go away with this city

Went to an old throwback website today, detroituncovered.com, where I read this:

Here's a quiz: How can you tell the difference between a Mayor Bing appointee and a Mayor Kilpatrick appointee
    The answer: Burberry

This could turn into a big story and another sign that there is corruption which still exist in the mayor's office. We got information last week that apparently there are some favors being exchanged that involved the demolition of Ford Auditorium. First there was the issue of a minority contractor who was allegedly providing gifts to mayoral appointees who our source alleged are Kim James of Buildings and Safety and Karla Henderson, group executive for Mayor Bing. When the gifts ended the opportunity to obtain the demolition contract for Ford Auditorium allegedly went away too. The minority contractor allegedly had some things that could not be overlooked. Next came the accident at the site that involved a toppled excavator. On July 15, 2011 the chain from the excavator snapped and was flung across the road where police cars sat in the lot. An Officer was injured and could have been killed. According to our information the demolition company received two tickets for this accident which Henderson and James wanted to make go away. The officer who wrote the tickets was threatened and even had an investigation started on him. The tickets have not been canceled at this point but paperwork has away of coming up missing. Those investigative reporters out there reading this may want to check to see if the construction company paid its tickets and while you're at it check any paper trail of expensive gifts being exchanged. Some appointees favor Burberry....There is a lot more to this story including some emails of a racy, sexual nature exchanged between a contractor and appointees of Mayor Bing. When we get them you will know.

There is a quote that says , as much as things change they also stay the same. That couldn't be any truer for Detroit governance.

These are serious allegations and, until there is something solid produced, just that. One may call it corruption, but until and when it is proven so, it is not.

I am not saying what what is quoted is true or false. Why? Because I don't know and can't know. Statements like this tell us nothing.

...apparently there are some favors being exchanged...?
    ...allegedly had some things that could not be overlooked...?
    ...including some emails of a racy, sexual nature exchanged...?
    Nothing is 'apparent' to me, 'allegedly' according to whom?, what emails?...

If there is wrong-doing I hope the offenders are brought to justice. Until then it is not fair to smear the word corruption around.

Can we expect a formal statement on this to be issue by someone?

Perhaps not. It sounds like there are, apparently, efforts under way to bury the matter, or so I infer from the post's allegations.

Sadly, the site in question seems to be regularly employed to settle old scores and dish a lot of unsubstantiated smears.
    It's worth looking at as data, but unreliable with respect to individual , unsubstantiated allegations.
    The inference should be, somebody told somebody who told the web master who thought it would be constructive to smack the Bing Administration. The site is correct sometimes, but individual allegations should trigger a mental note :"That's interesting. Show me".

That's interesting. Show me. ;-P

J/k, thanks for the context.