Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default More from Chrysler

I especially love the opening shot downtown.

Thats the craziest commute ever!

I counted three bicycles in the commercial.

Nice spot.

I like that it starts in the Compuware parking garage and ends somewhere in Oakland County. Wonder how many people have that commute.

And wooah, how/why did I miss this car?

I like the nod to WCSX. If you look at the radio screen in the car at the :09 mark of the spot, the radio is on 94.7.

I'm an old radio geek who looks for stuff like that. Way cool commercial. It's always great to see the city highlighted in a positive light.

I could have done without the All American Coney shot. Sorry, I'm a Lafayette guy.

Anyone know the who or what on the house in the final shot? Love the look of that house, almost a Frank Lloyd Wright vibe.
    Last edited by mallory; September-21-11 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mallory View Post
    Anyone know the who or what on the house in the final shot? Love the look of that house, almost a Frank Lloyd Wright vibe.
    Its in Bloomfield Hills. http://www.peterbeers.net/interests/...leck_house.htm

At first I thought it was one of the two on Beck Rd in Plymouth! Now thats why I said wow hat a commute!

Always been a Mopar fan but what irks me is the fact that they ship Chrysler cars overseas and re badge them. Are they ashamed of real Chrysler products? When they brought that pansy little Fiat here I didnt see them change the name to the Chrysler Pee Wee. I guess it shows who's really in charge these days. I see some Chrysler products being diluted and phased out to the point of extinction. Hope not.

Thanks for the link to the house, DetroitPlanner. The interior is awful, but the exterior has a great retro look to it.

muskie1 Guest

Looks like someone put zero thought into making this original. Reminds me of the begining of the HBO series "The Sopranos".

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Always been a Mopar fan but what irks me is the fact that they ship Chrysler cars overseas and re badge them. Are they ashamed of real Chrysler products? When they brought that pansy little Fiat here I didnt see them change the name to the Chrysler Pee Wee. I guess it shows who's really in charge these days. I see some Chrysler products being diluted and phased out to the point of extinction. Hope not.
    Chryslers have been marketed overseas, and until recent years final assembly for the European market was done at the Magna Steyr plant in Graz, Austria [[home of Arnold Schwarzenegger - see photo of A.S. Stadium below!) More recently they are building vehicles in North America - Jefferson North, Windsor, Toledo, etc. - for export. Have they changed the badging of the minivan, Jeeps, 300, etc., to Fiat? Jeep is a fairly well-recognized name overseas.