Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Stempien beverage co

Anyone remember this pop company ? I have seen a few bottles and Detroit Michigan is at the bottom of the bottle . Possibly in the 1950's ?

Would that be any relation to the Atlas mixer co. ? I never saw Atlas pop in stores, but used to use them as a bartender for mixed drinks.

Default Stempien Beverage

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    Anyone remember this pop company ? I have seen a few bottles and Detroit Michigan is at the bottom of the bottle . Possibly in the 1950's ?
    I worked there when I was a teenager. If I remember correctly, it was on Dix.

Atlas was in Detroit on Conant.
    Grilli pop was on Shoemaker.

George Washington may be the father of our country,
    but Faygo's the POP. Soupy Sales.

Atlas was around in the mid/late 90’s.
    The old owner of the Schvitz on Oakland used to serve it.
    I remember one day when I was pulling up to go there the owner of the Schvitz jumped into my car and said come on kid I need you to run an errand with me and we picked up some Atlas, I seem to remember it being on Conant as well.

Atlas was around in the mid/late 90’s.

“Drink Brownie Club Beverages”Brownie Root Beer was one of the many carbonated beverages made by the Atlas Beverage Company. Atlas was started in Detroit, Michigan around 1929 by a Polish immigrant named Tomaszewski. When he retired, he passed the business to his sons, Walter and Butch. They ran the company together until Walter retired and Butch bought his share of the business. Atlas Beverages closed about 1996 and the building was sold around 2003.
    Some of the flavors besides the Brownie Root Beer that Atlas made were Bulldog Ginger Beer, Cream, Strawberry and Club Soda. The bottles were available in cases and were sold to homes and local businesses.
    There isn’t a lot of information available about Brownie Root Beer or Atlas Beverages, so if you have something to add, please blog-in and share it.
    Atlas Beverages
    Detroit, Michigan

https://blog.retroplanet.com/brownie-root-beer/

I never saw Atlas pop in stores, but used to use them as a bartender for mixed drinks
    Attachment 34568
    Last edited by Bigb23; November-17-17 at 03:14 AM.

Wasn't Stempien the contract bottler of Dr. Pepper in the Detroit area for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Wasn't Stempien the contract bottler of Dr. Pepper in the Detroit area for a while?
    That's right.
    Name:  Detroit_Free_Press_Thu__Aug_28__1975_.jpg
Views: 886
Size:  63.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    Here's some early mention of the company from 1954.

Name:  Detroit_Free_Press_Fri__May_28__1954_.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  92.1 KB