Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Happy's Pizza Original Location

In the past few years, they've started a rapid expansion into other states. Now they're located in Ohio, Indiana and Illinois and in numerous places across the state of Michigan

However, I'm wondering where is the original Happy's Pizza location [[which opened in 1994)? I always thought it was 7 Mile and Hoover, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Last edited by 313WX; June-01-09 at 12:37 AM.

I deliver. The first location indeed opened in 1994 at 7 Mile and Hoover.

Sauce: http://www.chaldeannews.com/index.cfm?id=36

I've been frequenting their downtown Ann Arbor location and have definitely noticed the large increase in customers since their opening. We ordered a bunch of food for our Superbowl Parties in 07 and 08. People who had never heard of the place were instantly converted. The people there are always courteous and the food is great every time.

Detroiters Know Pizza!

I get mine at their location on coolidge and 9 mile. Its the BEST. I've went to a location on Schafer and McNichols, it was NASTY.

The original location is still there, on McNichols, not sure of the cross street. I got pizza there when I moved in the end of April.

I'm not too crazy about the pizza, but the jumbo shrimps....A+
    Plus they have some of the best banana pudding I have ever tasted.

I live in Chicago and seeing the 63rd & Damen location made my day. I stopped and ordered a pizza for lunch. It's been open for a month. Nice to hear that ANY company is expanding in these times...

I'm just curious. Is happy's a black-owned enterprise? If so, its nice to see a thriving business owned by african-americans. Not to mention a Detroit company

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    I'm just curious. Is happy's a black-owned enterprise? If so, its nice to see a thriving business owned by african-americans. Not to mention a Detroit company
    Judging by the link, its Chaldean owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Judging by the link, its Chaldean owned.
    It is Chaldean-owned. I learned this from a newspaper clipping on a wall at the Southfield location. According the newspaper, Happy's Pizza got very popular because it did not have a problem delivering in some of Detroit's worst neighborhoods.

MIRepublic Guest

They are opening a few here in Lansing. I tried them, and everything I tried was mediocre. At least for me the problem is that they try to do way too much instead of acing a few good dishes.

I like their pizza, The few times that I have had I havn't been dissapointed. I will try other things soon.

diver1369 Guest

I support the local independent pizza shop in my neighborhood. It's family-owned and run and the pizza is good.

We had pizza from a reopened independant place last week.I was better then the one it replaced.Have to do some reading up on Happys , seems like they have been poping up alot more lately.

Recently moved to Mt. Clemens. The happ's up there does a phenomennal job. I had the brief opportunity to speak with what seemed to be the owner one day. He owned another location and they have been rapidly expanding for the last year plus. Good food and pizza when its made right.

If the quality of pizza can be measured by the use of neon, Happy's beats them all.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    Beacause that matters?