Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Eminem is PISSED :p lolz :p

Oh sweet Jesus, did anyone catch Sasha Baron Cohen fly his balls and ass into Eminem's face during the MTV awards?? Whoa, Slim Shady's crew seemed pissed!

I couldn't find the straight up Youtube version, but this remix is accurate enough, and pretty funnny!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiiPgWTQOds

from http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0806942/

"Eminem stormed out of the MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday night after outrageous funnyman Sacha Baron Cohen literally landed in his lap.
    The rapper had just performed a medley of new hits and was sitting in the audience when the daring Brit - as his Austrian fashion expert character Bruno - flew overhead in a dove outfit, chanting, "Ich bin Bruno. Ich bin dove of peace."
    Cohen's outrageous alter-ego 'suffered' an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction - baring his naked backside, he landed upside down on rapper Eminem's lap.
    The Stan hitmaker screamed, "Are you serious? Are you f**kin' serious?" as his entourage rushed to free the rapper.
    What appeared to be a joke quickly turned awkward when it seemed apparent that Eminem wasn't in on the gag.
    As a suspended Cohen cracked jokes about the incident, stating, "Is the real Slim Shady about to stand up?" Eminem and his entourage left their seats and walked out of the Universal Ampitheater.
    Before the awards started, Cohen was stunning red carpet reporters - he turned up as Bruno, wearing a leopard skin Speedo-style swimming trunks and T-shirt ensemble, topped off with a matching Bavarian hunter's hat."

Things have been strangely silent on the Sasha Baron Cohen front...[[as well as the Tea Baggers front)
    A confession: I'm enough of a fan that I once stole his place card after one of those silly Hollywood Awards Banquets...

Glad to hear that he is still up to his old mischief.
    Last edited by barnesfoto; June-01-09 at 12:10 AM.

It doesn't look like Eminem was in on the joke:

http://www.pardonmyfresh.com/2009/06...ie-awards.html

MIRepublic Guest

If you watch it, you can tell he wasn't in on this, and I'm not sure even given all of the pranks at these shows that this was even planned, at least in the way it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    It doesn't look like Eminem was in on the joke:

http://www.pardonmyfresh.com/2009/06...ie-awards.html
    That's weird you'd quote from that blog about "Cool Table",that's a group I've run into out here thru a friend from The D, they're all session musicians[[Mike, the fiddler, is out of of Shania Twain's band) who do these amazing live "mash ups", those guys are tight & indefatiguiable. Oh, & normally anything like this on MTV is faked but that clip seemed rather real in Em's reaction, esp his entourage
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjoPqZEDB5c

Sasha is lucky he was on video. Eminem was very big in his reaction. I doubt many could have been so calm.

Quote Originally Posted by RayStar View Post
    Sasha is lucky he was on video. Eminem was very big in his reaction. I doubt many could have been so calm.
    Well, I don't think Eminem is going to pick a fight with Baron Cohen to retaliate, at least not one-on-one without the help of his entourage. After all, Em is only 5'8" or 5'9" at best, and "Bruno" is 6'3" or 6'4".

I like "Da Ali G show" and Bruno, but putting your balls and ass in another man's face .... that's just crossing the line.

True, but that's what Baron Cohen is known for -- crossing the line.

And it WAS hysterically funny.

diver1369 Guest

Bruno wouldn't have landed so perfectly onto Eminem if this stunt hadn't been planned and rehearsed ahead of time. Eminem and his entourage wouldn't have allowed Bruno to land so precisely close to Eminem if they weren't all in on the joke. Nobody took a swing at Bruno, they merely removed him from Eminem. Where's Fartman when you need him?

Maybe he was told Bruno would land in his lap, but it was never mentioned that he'd be upside down.

You guys are all crazy if you don't know that was planned and rehearsed. Spontaneous events don't have 15 camera angles for Eminem's exit. Of ALL the people to land on, he lands on the most famous person there who just performed? Let's not forget that 8-Mile was an MTV movie, and Eminem had pretty good acting skills. Clearly planned...

Obviously planned and rehearsed by MTV, but whether or not Eminem was informed ahead of time is another issue. He does not seem like one who would freely sign up to have his face sniffing distance from another mans crotch on national television. I'm sure they have designated seating and it could easily have been planned without his knowledge.
    Either way, Cohen's "talent" is his willingness to go beyond what most people consider acceptable. Personally I find his lack of respect for those around him appalling, not funny.

Bruno did to Eminem what Eminem does to conservatives. Took him right out of his comfort zone.

With that said, it was a very weird stunt. I guess it could be viewed as Gay Gorilla Warefare, or OlfactoryTerrorism or something. Or it could be viewed as having no meaning at all. Or maybe Bruno was making some sort of comment, but it would take someone more media savy than I to say what it was.

Maybe this will be the common method of greeting in 10 years. Dogs do it now.
    Last edited by RickBeall; June-01-09 at 12:38 PM.

...Dude...!! [[just noticed u on this thread...and I already mentioned it on the other blog)... see ya on the 13th... get ready for a THANG !!

ya I think the Baron was lucky he didn't get punched

Hey Glee Dude,

Yes, the 13th is coming fast. I look forward to meeting you! Ya caught me moonlighting in a different thread. ;-)

A good punch would not have been out of place.
    Last edited by RickBeall; June-01-09 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Hey Glee Dude,

Yes, the 13th is coming fast. I look forward to meeting you! Ya caught me moonlighting in a different thread. ;-)

A good punch would not have been out of place.

That was choreographed. He landed precisely. At least one of his entourage would have hit the guy had it been real. They touched him too many times were they didn't hit him. Besides Eminem had plenty of time to move out of the way. Funny stuff.

Clearly that was set up, but very funny nonetheless.

I'd like to see Cohen's face if the rapster slugged him in the nuts. Now, I'd pay to see that!!

Concerning it being fully choreographed, after you gave a great performance, would you want someone sticking a Kaiser in your visor? I think not. Plus, he looks just too pissed off afterwards. It makes him look like a girly-man.

i agree it was planned. looks to me he had time to get up before that "ass" landed in his face.

wowwww. That was so funny. Sasha Baron Cohen or whatever his name is is so outrageous and doesn't care about what anyone thinks, i love it! Even though he is quite insensitive and disrespectful.

This is Hilarious!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast