Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Google is off the charts.

The more I read about this outfit, the more disgusted I get. What happened to to do no evil?

Ref: "In the Plex" Steven Levy.

this is in regard to what?

Ironically, I Googled the website for the author of "In the Plex": StevenLevy.com

Yes, Bigb23, are there any specific beefs you have about Google? I know I have many.

What have you learned from the book so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Ironically, I Googled the website for the author of "In the Plex": StevenLevy.com

Yes, Bigb23, are there any specific beefs you have about Google? I know I have many.

What have you learned from the book so far?
    I'd be interested to hear more as well. Looks like an interesting book. I run a program on my computer that blocks software from sending information or websites from retrieving information off my hard drive. Google is always popping up. If I tell the program to block google's actions forever, their browser for example begins to have problems and break down, certain websites will take longer to load also.

I guess you do have to trust them, but they certainly know more about you when you log into gmail, and they DO KNOW WHO YOU ARE when you search the net because your search and browsing history is stored and viewable when you log into your account. Nothing is saying that can't retrieve that information, or worse, someone can hack into that information. That autofill with credit card info isn't so convenient now anymore is it?

I'd be interested to hear more as well. Looks like an interesting book. I run a program on my computer that blocks software from sending information or websites from retrieving information off my hard drive. Google is always popping up. If I tell the program to block google's actions forever, their browser for example begins to have problems and break down, certain websites will take longer to load also.

I guess you do have to trust them, but they certainly know more about you when you log into gmail, and they DO KNOW WHO YOU ARE when you search the net because your search and browsing history is stored and viewable when you log into your account. Nothing is saying that can't retrieve that information, or worse, someone can hack into that information. That autofill with credit card info isn't so convenient now anymore is it?

I can't edit this post[[Google)?, so this is it. The two Googliers, are billionare kids. Offices with play furniture, but what they did was right. In ten years they got bigger than General Motors. I'm halfway through the book. Let me get through the Google streets first.
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-16-11 at 08:44 PM.

Everyone thought big brother would be the government. Big brother appears to be everyone now, corporations, individuals, government, whomever. Getting scary.....

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Everyone thought big brother would be the government. Big brother appears to be everyone now, corporations, individuals, government, whomever. Getting scary.....
    I have my eye on you, crumbled_pavement iiii

Yes, In a Thousand years, Archeologists of the future won't be digging in the dirt. They'll be digging through googles thousand year old databases.

I have a gmail account and I've noticed that when you send or receive an e-mail, whatever the content of the e-mail is, ads show up on the side bar that pertain to your text. The fact that it's so instantaneous is what amazes me. If I told someone I was thinking about visiting Detroit, there are ads for Detroit hotels, flights, rental cars and even restaurants on the side bar. There are even ads for businesses pertaining to where I'm leaving from without mentioning where it is.

While I'm not finished with the book yet -[[it can give you a headache with all the technical minutia), I see posts like old guy, and research links. What I find, is data mining for profit, that puts the NSA to shame. And the bigger they get, the more secretive they are. Energy, data, commercial ads, and general info on what you think.

I just got the book to find out more on the Google earth cars, and what I got was a litany of legal, scientific, and business practices for a huge corporation. And people complained about the GM black box.

Google support:

This discussion is closed to new replies.
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/...d3f25490&hl=en

if you want to get away from the evil that is gmail, you might try gmx.com

My gmail account is just a backup. If I'm going to kidnap someone or bust somebody out of prison, I just make a document and put it in a folder before I email it.

It's just the fact that I build a google home page, and I probably have some other malware fix remove those cookies, almost every other day, and I'm prompted to re-submit my password again, which is now not acceptable, and you have to resubmit a new password. So now you have this conglomerate, having millions of users submitting billions of new passwords, just to look at a few apps? And all saved in data farms for future use. This will cost us down the road - "Do no Evil" my ass.
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-20-11 at 10:04 PM.

I have just opened up my laptop to a HP sign in, a Mozzilla sign in, a Toshiba sign in, a Virgin sign in, a Windows sign in, an IE9 sign in, a Google sign in, and every thing else sign in. Now, can I just get started on the free info highway? Some are just for printers I don't use often. Guy's get that right first. The rest - screw you.