Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Activity at Sam's Loans on Michigan Ave

I drive by there a few times a week and there has been quite a bit of activity inside recently. It looks like they're doing rough framing inside. Has anyone heard about a new project there?

Thanks- sounds cool!

Which is the business that will be moving into Sam's Loan?

Italian restaurant is what I was told.

I hear its going to be a Cheesecake factory. Possibly a House of Blues!

The Italian Restaurant, Octavia, is in the other pawn shop at Michigan & Eighth, across from Nemo's

My bad. You've seen one pawnshop, you've seen em' all i guess

A house of blues in Detroit would be incredible!

wait so did you like make up that cheesecake factory joke on your own...like did you just come up with that on the spot...because i definitely havent heard that one before. no, no, definitely have not heard that joke repeated over and over again for the past 5 years, but its really funny and im sure it will continue to be funny for years to come.

While making my first visit to the Astro Coffee house a couple of weeks back, I ran into Phil Cooley [of Slow's fame and who is one of the property developers] exiting the Sam Loans building, his pickup parked on the sidewalk. I asked him a 'what's up'. He said the upper floors had been completed and would be residential. What about the ground floor? The ground floor was still being worked on, did yet not have a tenant but he was 'hoping' it be a restaurant.

i love small buissneses and am elated to see this! this will keep growing and turn into something beutiful

Maybe we could get a salumeria that would be cool.

Can someone please get some pictures of the progress on the building and post them here. I'd go down there and check it out myself, but I'm thousands of miles away at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
    Maybe we could get a salumeria that would be cool.
    uhhh..... What Dat??

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    uhhh..... What Dat??
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=salumeria

I think that was to be Ye Olde Butcher Shops job.

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    Can someone please get some pictures of the progress on the building and post them here. I'd go down there and check it out myself, but I'm thousands of miles away at the moment.
    It doesn't look any different on the outside except for the upper floor windows, which may be new. I'm wondering when they're going to do something with the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintMe View Post
    ahh C'est une Charcuterie! this is Detroit... use the correct language!

I would love to see a few pictures of it once the second and third floor windows are in. I believe they have been bricked in for many, many years. Anyone have a picture of the building in it's original state?
    Last edited by Chub; September-19-11 at 09:53 PM.

I would love to see a few pictures of it once the second and third floor windows are in. I believe they have been bricked in for many, many years. Anyone have a picture of the building in it's original state?
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Slow's...7.39,,0,-14.55

Sorry Gumby, I should have been more clear. When I said "original state", I meant like what it looked like at say, the turn of the century, and way before it was a bricked up pawn shop.

Ahh. gotcha.

Glad to see that this building is being rehabbed. It's one ugly piece of blight in that pic.

Sorry Gumby, I should have been more clear. When I said "original state", I meant like what it looked like at say, the turn of the century, and way before it was a bricked up pawn shop.
    Then Maybe it looked more like this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast