Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

agrahlma Guest

Default Lions Players at Texas de Brazil

While walking my dogs last night, I noticed at least a dozen Lions players having dinner Texas de Brazil [[around 8:00) - mostly defensive players. Did anyone else see them? Very cool to see our team spending their free time downtown!

No, but a couple weeks ago my wife and I were walking by and saw Dave Bing and some other people eating there as well.

That's cool.

At least they can afford it haha. According to the DNews review I just read, the place is damn expensive. I can assure you it is overpriced, after being exposed to Brazilian steakhouses in Brazilian-American neighborhoods in NJ/NY. That said, there is a lot more supply of such restaurants there than here, so perhaps it makes sense.

Sign up for the e-club and you'll get half-off coupons in the mail, makes it much more affordable. That being said, if you have the means I highly recommend it.

I saw Suh in greektown once, they party downtown for sure.

Those steakhouses are usually expensive as they are all you can eat. But they are also worth it!

It makes a lot of sense the Lions would eat there. Texas de Brazil is a gourmet smorgasbord. It's $40 a pop, drinks and desserts extra, but I'll bet they lose their ass when the Lions defensive line eats there.

BTW, Nice views:

The salad bar is unlike anything in the D and is crowned by a huge floral display.

agrahlma Guest

So true – last night was probably a net loss for the restaurant. Vanden Bosch was fixated on his plate.