Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default AMTRAK bike racks

http://www.m-bike.org/blog/2011/04/2...ice-by-spring/
    They were suppose to be installed by Spring. Called today, no bike racks and no date when they will be available.

I suggest everyone that wants this, or atleast supports this idea, Call AMTRAK 1800USARAIL once a week and ask if you can make a bike reservation on the Wolverine line, and if it's not available yet, ask when it's going to be available, and when they say they don't know, ask why they don't know.

Thank you.

I agree, the wolverine needs bike racks. I suppose they will need to remove some seats for a bike rack. You can take a bike in a box, but that is a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowlska View Post
    I agree, the wolverine needs bike racks. I suppose they will need to remove some seats for a bike rack. You can take a bike in a box, but that is a pain in the ass.
    When I checked a year ago, they were no longer offering checked baggage on the Wolverine, so no bike in a box either.

The Wolverine hasn't allowed checked bags in quite a few years[[you have to schlepp your own bags until you get on an outbound train in Chicago), but I did see people bring 'bike in a box' onboard at Ann Arbor last time I took the train to Chicago about 2 yrs ago.

Heading to Chicago for my sisters wedding a few years back I broke my bike down and boarded the train from the Ann Arbor station. The dude on station looked at me funny but I carried it right on board and stowed it somewhere. I just took off my quick release wheels and it was small enough to deal with. Cant say that anyone working the Amtrack would let this happen so Im all for the racks.

I heard that some of the bus lines in the D have been without bike racks lately lines that normally do. What a pain in the ass to get to your stop with bike and find the busses dont have racks.