Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Matty Maroun says - FIX our local roads first.

I'm tired of the lies that this guy puts on the local channels. This is the most hypocritical man known to me. He owns multitudes of vacant and abandoned properties in the city of Detroit, yet he can spend millions of dollars on propaganda in the local media.

Money talks - bulls**t walks. Keep walking Matty.

“The only thing accurate in that ad was the fine print at the bottom that reads, ‘Paid for by the Detroit International Bridge Company.’”
    - Brad Williams VP Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce

Maroun is an evil, money grubbing parasite.
    Last edited by Scottathew; September-15-11 at 12:46 PM.

I haven't seen the ad but considering the Maroun's involvement in the trucking business which is one of the biggest causes of damage to our local roads, the Marouns are part of the problem, not the solution.

Exactly. Especially considering the horrible ruts I've seen over the years on Fort street. Due 100% to to the truck traffic entering / exiting his bridge.

DetroitPole Guest

Matty and Nora Maroun live at 956 Lakeshore Drive, Grosse Pointe Shores, MI 48236. I hope people will use this information to write thoughtful letters to this powerful member of our community.

I certainly hope no one considers using this information to pie him, break his windows, or kidnap and ransom him. But street justice is unforgiving...

This guy and his son have flaunted local politics for so long, that it's almost laughable. And shame on Detroit's former and new clowncil for letting it happen. This is not just about Detroit, but involves the livelihood of two nations.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Manny may very well be full of it. But that doesn't change the fact that we have plenty of local roads that need fixing. I may not agree with his motivations, but, I can agree with that statement.

So Canada and the US government would pay for Michigan to repair all the decaying roads and bridges if we don't build the new international bridge? Geez, that would be awfully nice, and maybe they could throw in some sunshine and rainbows along with it.

Ambassador Bridge owner Matty Moroun's Canadian Transit Company is still considering whether it will appeal the court decision that blames the company for the boarded-up houses in west Windsor.
    CTC president Dan Stamper said Wednesday that he doesn't yet know what course the company will take regarding the ruling, and he intends to have discussions with the property owners group that was also part of the lawsuit.
    Read more: http://www.windsorstar.com/Bridge+re...#ixzz1Y35epiw4

This guy can ruin both sides of an international border?

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Manny may very well be full of it. But that doesn't change the fact that we have plenty of local roads that need fixing. I may not agree with his motivations, but, I can agree with that statement.
    And a lot of people agreed with the Fuhrer, but that didn't make it right. But he did improve their roads. [[the Autobahn). What is Matty improving now? Oh - the MCS powder puff, after all the noise from this site.
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-15-11 at 02:18 PM.

The Fuhrer? Really? You're better than that Big.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    And a lot of people agreed with the Fuhrer, but that didn't make it right. But he did improve their roads. [[the Autobahn). What is Matty improving now? Oh - the MCS powder puff, after all the noise from this site.
    They haven't done diddly on the MCS in weeks. They put frames in for new windows on the ground level but that's all they are- frames with no glass. I don't expect anything else to happen- it was just noise to get them some good PR in the moment.

My point is that one man can sway a populace and/or government. And he is doing his best. And I'll probably be sued for stating the facts. Send all money to: The bigb defense fund c/o here.

I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned already. I think its funny one of the pictures is the road below the train tracks next to MCS. The picture looks exaggerated also.
    The windows to these commercials are all shams.

Yes, but it has NOTHING TO DO AT ALL with building the NITC bridge. The funds used for NITC can't be used to fix local roads.

Matty says we don't need a bridge, but yet he wants to build his own? That doesn't make sense.

NITC is about doing what's right for the USA, Canada, Michigan, Ontario, Detroit, and Windsor.

NITC will route traffic around Windsor and directly to the 401.

NITC will give us brand new toll booths.

NITC will give us redundant crossing to alleviate the congestion that already exists, let alone future congestion.

MDOT and Michigan taxpayers already made a HUGE investment that benefited Matty Maroun; the Gateway Project. But that's not enough for him. He still wants a monopoly on Detroit\Windsor truck traffic.

NITC is about doing what is right. Maroun is about doing what fills his pocketbook.

So what's this I hear about homeboy Matty hooking up with Koch?

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    Yes, but it has NOTHING TO DO AT ALL with building the NITC bridge. The funds used for NITC can't be used to fix local roads.

Matty says we don't need a bridge, but yet he wants to build his own? That doesn't make sense.

NITC is about doing what's right for the USA, Canada, Michigan, Ontario, Detroit, and Windsor.

NITC will route traffic around Windsor and directly to the 401.

NITC will give us brand new toll booths.

NITC will give us redundant crossing to alleviate the congestion that already exists, let alone future congestion.

MDOT and Michigan taxpayers already made a HUGE investment that benefited Matty Maroun; the Gateway Project. But that's not enough for him. He still wants a monopoly on Detroit\Windsor truck traffic.

NITC is about doing what is right. Maroun is about doing what fills his pocketbook.
    "The funds used for NITC can't be used to fix local roads."

That's bullshit. Pure bullshit. MDOT funds are supposed to be used to fix local roads that are under their purview. In fact, for the past 6-8 years we've lacked matching funds that could have been used to receive federal funds to fix our roads because MDOT had a significant portion of its budget dedicated just for the DRIC study alone.

That's bullshit. Pure bullshit. MDOT funds are supposed to be used to fix local roads that are under their purview. In fact, for the past 6-8 years we've lacked matching funds that could have been used to receive federal funds to fix our roads because MDOT had a significant portion of its budget dedicated just for the DRIC study alone.
    So you're saying, that on a state level, that state and federal funds have been misspent? Or, that federal funds are not allocated to us to what we pay out?

Post a link on what you are postulating about.

Steve bennet Guest

How old is Matty?

You would think at his age, he has to know he's going to be dead soon, so why not just sit back and enjoy his fortune instead of doing all this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve bennet View Post
    How old is Matty?

You would think at his age, he has to know he's going to be dead soon, so why not just sit back and enjoy his fortune instead of doing all this shit?
    For some people it's all about money. Google the Apple founders. Some give, others resist.

The Senate version of the upcoming fiscal 2011 MDOT budget also contains language on the Detroit River International Crossing, the proposed publicly owned bridge between Detroit and Windsor.
    Under the state's current fiscal 2010 budget, MDOT can spend no more than $2.5 million on preliminary work related to DRIC, and the department had to submit a traffic study to the Legislature by May 1.

Source: http://www.allbusiness.com/governmen...#ixzz1Y3qMmLVM

I have not searched the updates yet because I had heard the DRIC would cost no taxpayers monies to build and I knew that was true because I had read it somewhere

I would be curious as to how much taxes one would have to pay to the state to own the largest trucking company, road tax? etc.
    Everything else aside I would think anybody that pays taxes would have a right to voice their opinion good bad or indifferent if not a civic duty to oppose what they see wrong.

Even if the Canadian Government weren't forking over alot of moolah for a new bridge , they don't want one next to the current one , they want the traffic away from downtown Windsor . They do have a say where it ends up on the Canadian side .

Just what exactly are local roads? Subdivision streets? Anything that is not a freeway? You know one when you see one?

The colloquial usage of 'local road' is quite vague. The federal definition is quite specific.

A quick lookup of the National Functional Classification of MDOT's roads in the region, there is less than 1 mile of local roads under MDOT's jurisdiction.

The state Act51 designation of roads in the state makes no distinction for the type of traffic a road carries for MDOT roads. This is not true for county or city/village-owned roads.

I see that $4.8 million is being spent by MDOT on the crossing. That includes federal and state dollars. http://www.semcog.org/Data/Apps/tran...password=guest

One of the most difficult things to stomach is the disregard for human lives on the part of Matty Maroun, especially with those he hires in Houston in the trucking industry. His terminal manager named Shurman owns some trucks which he way over-insures in anticipation of accidents to make more money that way than in delivering loads, according to his staff and the girls at Mason-Dixon as well. The emaciated foreign lady he hired and is in love with proudly idolizes a small group of individuals here in Texas, as of course Matty's team is aware, despised by the state department for sponsoring many visas of those who wound up in Guantanamo for terrorism: the problem of those like Shurman who pledge allegiance to al-Qaeda is that such cultural values trickle down to the nitty-gritty of Maroun's whole operation, in disregard for American and Canadian lives. For instance, to try so hard to cause wrecks, according to Shurman's own mechanic, Shurman rigged one of the speedometers of his trucks to fail [[and also accidentally broke the fuel gauge as well), to cash in on the insurance payouts when praying for a wreck in the 18-wheeler.

The sentiment held is that when such an 18-wheeler turns over and spins around on the highway with passenger cars behind it flying off the highway--that all those people are expendible as far as human lives go, no matter who happens to be innocently behind such a huge truck. So sad to see.

Quote Originally Posted by marciana View Post
    One of the most difficult things to stomach is the disregard for human lives on the part of Matty Maroun, especially with those he hires in Houston in the trucking industry. His terminal manager named Shurman owns some trucks which he way over-insures in anticipation of accidents to make more money that way than in delivering loads, according to his staff and the girls at Mason-Dixon as well. The emaciated foreign lady he hired and is in love with proudly idolizes a small group of individuals here in Texas, as of course Matty's team is aware, despised by the state department for sponsoring many visas of those who wound up in Guantanamo for terrorism: the problem of those like Shurman who pledge allegiance to al-Qaeda is that such cultural values trickle down to the nitty-gritty of Maroun's whole operation, in disregard for American and Canadian lives. For instance, to try so hard to cause wrecks, according to Shurman's own mechanic, Shurman rigged one of the speedometers of his trucks to fail [[and also accidentally broke the fuel gauge as well), to cash in on the insurance payouts when praying for a wreck in the 18-wheeler.

The sentiment held is that when such an 18-wheeler turns over and spins around on the highway with passenger cars behind it flying off the highway--that all those people are expendible as far as human lives go, no matter who happens to be innocently behind such a huge truck. So sad to see.

I hope you're posting from a public library computer and wearing a hat and sunglasses. LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast