Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Historic Corktown Short Sale

I have to short sell my Corktown home, and I hope for the house's sake that it is purchased by someone with an interest in historic preservation. Here is a link to a listing:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...ex=MI530357613

The asking price is what I owe on the house, but we definitely expect less than that.

I am moving because I cannot afford the repairs that the house needs. The house is not properly supported right now and needs to be set on a new foundation. D&B House Movers in Monroe gave me an estimate of $18K to lift the house, dig a new block foundation, install a weeping system and sump pit, and set the house back down again. If I owned the house free and clear--or if the mortgage wasn't so far underwater--I would be able to afford the repairs.

If you are looking for an extensive renovation project within the Corktown Historic District and two blocks from Roosevelt Park [[if you're into that kind of thing), contact my realtor Matthew Woods at [[734) 403-4521.

I have researched the house's history, part of which you can read here:

http://corktownhistory.blogspot.com/...e-part-ii.html

Oh! So sorry about this. I love your blog and work, Paul. It is so impressive.

What a heartbreaking situation. I hope you can find some way to keep the house you have put so much heart into.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your house. This replay is rather late but just read the post. Your blog is incredible, what you've added to the known history of the area is invaluable.

Excellent blog indeed. I have added it to the DetroitYES links.

Thank you very much for the compliments and for the link! .

Ravine Guest

I became thoroughly, and joyfully, lost inside of your blogs last night... for hours.

Me too! An amazing amount of information, and set forth so you feel you are there.