Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default The Cool TV Channel

Channel 20 has added on The Cool TV Channel, 20-2, WYMD-SD All music videos all the time with a few commercials thrown in. Mix of old and new, Rhianna, Lenny, Kravitz, 80's, The Cars, Lady Gaga, etc. Website has all info & programming schedule. Like MTV back in the day. Apparently this just started Mon. I was flipping channels and there it was and I don't remember it being on Sunday.

theCoolTV - a music channel that plays music, Period.

We were enjoying the 80's block last night. I could call out the Cars and Def Leppard videos within a few seconds, my wife got the REM video right away.

It's pretty cool [[if not pretty bad quality) they play the *entire* video, one right after another. And it's pretty much nothing but music videos all day long, except for the required e/i programming in the morning. Better than MTV!

eighties @ 8 was cool.

Time-Life music - i wonder if that will just be ads for their collections, or videos

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    eighties @ 8 was cool.

Time-Life music - i wonder if that will just be ads for their collections, or videos
    That's what I thought too. I would say it is.

Thanks for the post! I have antenna tv as well, and it's nice to see a new channel that actually has good reception! Now we need a weather channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowlska View Post
    Thanks for the post! I have antenna tv as well, and it's nice to see a new channel that actually has good reception! Now we need a weather channel!
    wasn't 7-3 a weather channel until they decided to dedicate it to something NOT broadcast tv?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    wasn't 7-3 a weather channel until they decided to dedicate it to something NOT broadcast tv?
    I loved taking a nap to Channel 7-3's continuous background music...I miss that station.lol

Over the air in my house too and noted this new channel. Watching it now.
    I too miss the continous weather on 7-3. Was nice to flip on and instantly have an idea if what it might do.

20.2!!! he he he another reason not to have cable!

I loved taking a nap to Channel 7-3's continuous background music...I miss that station.lol
    That weather channel was almost a life saver for me, but that continuous loop of music drove me nuts. When it went off the air, I e-mailed WXYZ, and finally received a reply that the bandwidth was sold off for 3G access. [[More Smart phone, digital divide?).

Anyway, I ran across the 20.2 channel around the same time as everybody else. While I'm not a great music fan anymore, it's nice to surf away from the annoying lawyer and/or window replacement commercials on local news, to a Madonna, "Like a Virgin" video. That's a great option, and quite nostalgic.

Two thumbs up, until that bandwidth is sold off too.

first thing I saw was a performance by "Foghat", some older-looking fellows, in what I suppose was a relatively recent concert performance.. who is familiar with this band?

Hopefully they won't be bought out by MTV/Viacom, like what happened to "The Box", BET, etc.

And one more thing on my s**t list - people who read your complaint online about some product, then remark, that while I was in the store, about not scanning the matrix code on your smart-phone, reading price comparisons, reviews, etc.,online, and taking the digital coupon readout to the checkout area for a bar code scan and discount, and uploading you're acct. info for the transaction?

Some people just have phones for phone conversations! And I still use cash. Remember that - those paper thingy's? Remember the people ahead of you in line, buying a pack of gum and a coke with a credit card, for airline miles, and we had to wait 4 or 5 minutes for the transaction to clear, so I could be next, and pay cash for a hot dog?

Anyway, I'm reading "In the Plex" " How Google thinks, works, and shapes our lives" They started out altruistic, and they left behind their mission statement for billions. But, it could have been worse - left to Alta Vista, Microsoft, etc. Good read!

My 2 cents. I feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    first thing I saw was a performance by "Foghat", some older-looking fellows, in what I suppose was a relatively recent concert performance.. who is familiar with this band?

They were semi-big in the mid - late 70s