Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default And maybe we won't get to come

It looks like my dream to return to Detroit might have went down the drain. After giving it much thought we were starting to pack things up and planning a trip up there to look around.

First difficulty come when the buyer for our business backed out. Now for what reason I will never know because she did not apply, my wife was offered a district supervisor position with Big Lots. She wanted to make the move also but this offer was too attractive to turn down and she accepted it.

Looks like I'm going to be a virtual Detroiter a lot longer.

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rid0617 View Post
    It looks like my dream to return to Detroit might have went down the drain. After giving it much thought we were starting to pack things up and planning a trip up there to look around.

First difficulty come when the buyer for our business backed out. Now for what reason I will never know because she did not apply, my wife was offered a district supervisor position with Big Lots. She wanted to make the move also but this offer was too attractive to turn down and she accepted it.

Sometimes things work out for the best. You must have a guardian angel or something watching out for you. Count your blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by rid0617 View Post

Big Lots just bought out Liquidation World. There are three Liquidation World stores right across the river from downtown Detroit in Windsor. Perhaps she could apply for a transfer. A lot of Detroit commuters live in Windsor.

Ah thank you. She was told after 6 months of employment they would transfer her to any district that has an opening and pay all moving expenses.

Sounds nice!

Believe me, moving back & looking for work is NOT fun.