Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by JROLLA View Post
    Look's like the Colony Club is all booked up for the dates we are looking for next year.
    http://www.modeldmedia.com/features/wedding42.aspx
    check out this article...little dated...but has some ideas. Meant to post it above, but couldn't remember where I saw it.

The Guardian lobby would be an interesting venue.

You may want to try the Fort Street Presbyterian church, I always see a ton of weddings there.

If you're adventurous, and you don't mind rolling the dice about the weather, Campus Martius Park.

I second the Book Cadillac. The Mrs. and I spent a wonderful wedding night there, followed up by coney's at Lafayette the next morning for breakfast before we left for our honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    I second the Book Cadillac. The Mrs. and I spent a wonderful wedding night there, followed up by coney's at Lafayette the next morning for breakfast before we left for our honeymoon.
    Ha sounds awesome. We have roughly 200 guests, waiting to hear back from the book.

The Whitney or Cliff Bells....Congrats, by the way!

Although it is not downtown, The Sweetest Heart of Mary Catholic Church where my niece was married is absolutely beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrenite84 View Post
    Although it is not downtown, The Sweetest Heart of Mary Catholic Church where my niece was married is absolutely beautiful.
    My family has attended that church going back to it's earliest years. Unfortunately, I never did my first communion and neither has my fiancee. We really want to get married there but not sure what we will have to do to pull it off.

Looks like The International Banquet Center might be the winner. A few of the places were booked up for the dates we were looking for. I know the IBC is basically the Athenium. Anyone have any experience there?

First Congregational Church of Detroit on Woodward and Forest has a complete wedding package including a beautiful Victorian reception room. Check out the links below.

Name:  first cong.jpg
Views: 2535
Size:  28.0 KB
    http://www.friendsoffirst.com/ministry/index.htm

Cosign on the Book Cadillac - was at a wedding there this weekend - fantastic facility!

Also saw some people getting married in Campus Martius Park on Saturday. Ceremony, reception, everything. Looked really cool.

One great church for weddings if you are not terribly religious is the First Unitarian-Universalist Church of Detroit at Forrest and Cass [[I know it's Midtown). Also, this was the first church in the area that allowed interracial marriages if that is a relevant historical notion. We are getting married there in October and having our reception at The Colony Club.

If the Colony Club isn't available, I think that the Masonic Temple has a similar style but needs some updates. Also, the outside of the building and the trip there look really scary to folks who don't know the area. Once you are inside, the only challenge is that the Masonic Temple ballrooms do not have windows which IMHO compounds some rather unfortunate paint choices.

The Charles H. Wright museum is nice too but their list of caterers leaves a lot to be desired.

You might check with the Detroit Club. The new owners are running it [[except for the grill room on the 1st floor) as a banquet facility,with the food by Opus One Catering.

http://www.opus-one.com/catering-ven...ring-venues-um

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    You might check with the Detroit Club. The new owners are running it [[except for the grill room on the 1st floor) as a banquet facility,with the food by Opus One Catering.

http://www.opus-one.com/catering-ven...ring-venues-um

I've been to several functions at the Detroit Club and it's beautiful. That's a great choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2