Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Come on. On 9-11? "Pilot reports 'security issue', turns out to be mile-high romp in

Pilot reports 'security issue', turns out to be mile-high romp in loo

Police and FBI agents were waiting to meet a flight at Detroit Airport after the pilot had reported a 'security issue' on board - that turned out to be a couple having sex in the toilet.
    The pilot of the Frontier Airlines Flight 623, from Denver to Detroit, made the emergency call to an airport tower at Detroit Metro Airport, following reports of suspicious behaviour during the flight.
    Witnesses told myfoxdetroit.com that three passenger - two men and one woman - were seen making numerous trips to the loo.

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2011/09/12/p...troit-Airport/

At any other time this would be really funny.

According to FOX 2's Alexis Wiley, passenger Kevin Kelly reported: 'Guys came in with machine guns and told us to keep your heads down. They took three passengers, two men and one woman, into custody.'

And, as a result, not only were FBI agents waiting for them upon landing, two F-16 fighter jets were flown in to shadow the plane as it arrived at Detroit.
    Last edited by Bigb23; September-12-11 at 07:57 AM.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Pilot reports 'security issue', turns out to be mile-high romp in loo

Police and FBI agents were waiting to meet a flight at Detroit Airport after the pilot had reported a 'security issue' on board - that turned out to be a couple having sex in the toilet.
    The pilot of the Frontier Airlines Flight 623, from Denver to Detroit, made the emergency call to an airport tower at Detroit Metro Airport, following reports of suspicious behaviour during the flight.
    Witnesses told myfoxdetroit.com that three passenger - two men and one woman - were seen making numerous trips to the loo.

http://travel.aol.co.uk/2011/09/12/p...troit-Airport/

At any other time this would be really funny.
    What the hell, is this Downtown Julie Brown reporting?

If there ever was a "perp walk" for the cameras needed, this is the time.

At any other time this would be really funny
    No, not really.

Report this morning suggests one of the men had the trots. Something missing in all this. Nowadays, it goes to suspicion no matter what. It does seem like Osama wins every time we have something like this happen.

I guess if you are going to fly and have stomach issues, you might want to break out the Depends.

If you have stomach issues, do you really need two of your friends to help you out?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    If you have stomach issues, do you really need two of your friends to help you out?
    I don't think it said they were all in the same bathroom at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I don't think it said they were all in the same bathroom at the same time.
    I may be misinformed, but the way I heard it, the two men went first and then both men and the woman. That is what I heard on the radio anyway. I'll see if I can find verification of that.

OK, earlier reports that I had heard stated that the men had gone to the bathroom at the same time, but the FBI is now saying that there were never in the restroom at the same time.
    Frontier Flight 623, with 116 passengers on board, landed without incident in Detroit at 3.30pm EDT after the crew reported that two people were spending 'an extraordinarily long time' in a bathroom, spokesman Peter Kowalchuck said.
    One of the flight’s passengers, Marilyn Kietrich, told Fox 2: 'One went up into the bathroom and was in there quite a long time.'
    She added: 'The other one came up and stood there and they kind of smiled at each other.'
    After the plane landed in Detroit, armed police reportedly boarded the plane.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1XmeczOFE
    I retract my former statement

I wouldn't be surprised if the airline put a different spin on it afterwards. They don't have a PR machine for nothing. The fact that the Air Force and Homeland Security, AND the FBI were involved would seem like a little more than the "trots". The crew is trained to look beyond normal behavior for problems. Granted that was a bad date to fly, but I think there was a little more to this story.

http://shebshi.wordpress.com/2011/09...ed-in-detroit/
    The link above is the first person account from the woman who was arrested. Frankly it's infuriating how incompetent homeland security is, how panicked the flying public and airline employees are, and how just down right stupid this situation really was. I would almost be fine with it if they were getting busy in the bathroom or otherwise behaving oddly. It seems that wasn't even remotely the case. it was just three brown-ish people sitting in the same row going about their business on the flight.
    Last edited by bailey; September-14-11 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    http://shebshi.wordpress.com/2011/09...ed-in-detroit/
    The link above is the first person account from the woman who was arrested. Frankly it's infuriating how incompetent homeland security is, how panicked the flying public and airline employees are, and how just down right stupid this situation really was. I would almost be fine with it if they were getting busy in the bathroom or otherwise behaving oddly. It seems that wasn't even remotely the case. it was just three brown-ish people sitting in the same row going about their business on the flight.
    What's next- see through doors on the john so they can tell if you really have to go? How many trips is too many? Scary. The woman arrested said she will be contacting the ACLU. Good for her.

I am hijacking this thread as a
    Terrorism/Homeland Security/Airline Thread.

Did anyone else read about this?

The dry ice bombs were found near a plane parked at Gate 148 after one of the devices went off at around 8.30 p.m. local time [[11.30 p.m. ET), according to airport police.
    What?! A BOMB went off at LAX and it didn't even make MAINSTREAM NEWS?
    But wait, it gets worse:
    It was the second such incident at the airport in as many days.
    SECOND SUCH INCIDENT IN AS MANY DAYS?!?!

So, bombs are blowing off in a major US airport, and it's not even newsworthy!? Our airports are obviously not safe, we are throwing billions of tax dollars at security, and little kids are getting on flights with no tickets and bombs are blowing off and not making the news. Interesting.

Source: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...id=msnhp&pos=7

Last edited by Papasito; October-15-13 at 12:14 PM.