Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit's former Playboy clubs

http://www.freep.com/article/20110911/FEATURES01/109110307/NBC-s-Playboy-Club-stirs-controversy-Detroit-bunnies-fondly-recall-their-time-spotlight?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

There is a mention of Detroit having two Playboy clubs, lower east side and northwest. Are the buildings still around?

This is the first time I've heard of these clubs. It's fascinating.

There was one on Jefferson near Rivard the other one was along the Lodge Freeway service drive at the 8 mile & Greenfield exit on the Detroit side.

I should ask my dad about it...I think he was a member back in the day. And he used to hang out at the Scotch & Sirloin, which I think was in the same vicinity as the one near 8 & Greenfield.

And there are a few previous threads that should turn up in a search.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    And there are a few previous threads that should turn up in a search.
    I think you might be right because I remember someone posted some pictures of both clubs and some of the entertainers who performed there.

I remember stumbling across a matchbook from there in my dads old junk. Wonder if he was ever there? He was an eastsider.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    I think you might be right because I remember someone posted some pictures of both clubs and some of the entertainers who performed there.
    This is pretty entertaining.

The Lodge/Greenfield Playboy location was torn down several years ago, there's a CVS on that site today. The Scotch & Sirloin building mentioned by Blueidone is still standing.

Nice shot of Coleman. Those girls are smiling because they got krugerrands in their bosom.

Some good info here in this thread:

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?2983

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The Lodge/Greenfield Playboy location was torn down several years ago, there's a CVS on that site today. The Scotch & Sirloin building mentioned by Blueidone is still standing.
    Actually it's no longer a CVS...it's a parole/probation office.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Some good info here in this thread:

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?2983

Ahh, should have searched first... Thanks!

i was either not born or too young to experience this.. so I'll have to make it out to Las Vegas, etc., someday soon, heh..

My Mom and Dad went once, they didnt talk about it with us kids but I remember the plastic drink stirrer with a little bunny head at the top that they brought home, it was in the silverware drawer for years. My Pop kept one Playboy magazine in his dresser for years, I believe it was a 1980 anniversary issue, Candy Loving was the Playmate of the year, way before shaving. I spent a lot of time with Candy.