Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default FSC Meetup anyone?

Anybody here want to arrange a Social Club meet up? Maybe some Saturday soon? Could even try the Red Grape Lounge.

Stromberg2

This coming weekend looks good...

word......

No...no one wants to get together?

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    No...no one wants to get together?

Stromberg2
    I think it's more the "Anybody here want to arrange..." part that has people spooked.

Brilliant!

I just thought about getting together. No picnic or anything like that. Just a meetup at a favorite bar to shoot the shit.

Stromberg2

The way FSC has always worked is the person who wants to meet, sets a place and time. Then people either show up or not.

When FSC was meeting every week, we would pick the place for the next week before we left the current weeks location. Some weeks there would bunches other weeks ther would be 2.

We did this weekly for a long time before Supersport got married and ItsJeff Died. [[Lots of $ labatts drank on the porch of the well.) ItsJeff, Supersport and EricD were the usual integators of the FSC.
    Last edited by ndavies; September-14-11 at 03:07 PM.

Would enjoy a meetup and was hoping for Ray1936's visit to get some folks together, but it doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon.

An October date would work for me.

Didn't the meetups used to be on Thursday evenings? I remember going to one at LJ's and one at the Park Bar. Good times.

Thursdays, that's right. I went to one at Tom's Tavern.

Red Grape Lounge has too many hipsters, and I was banned from there.

I want to see that place Gannon has been talking about, UDetroit Cafe. I tried finding it Labor Day and wound up walking all over town thirsty. Sounds like a plan, I need a night out. Did I really see Ravine posted on this thread? I am smiling, that makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    I just thought about getting together. No picnic or anything like that. Just a meetup at a favorite bar to shoot the shit.

Stromberg2
    Sounds good. I may be even be able to use my special powers and get Ravine to attend

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    Sounds good. I may be even be able to use my special powers and get Ravine to attend

Now, that would be something historic, to see Ravine walking the streets - without villagers on his heals waving torches and pitchforks - goodness, to see that would be the price of admission.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Now, that would be something historic, to see Ravine walking the streets - without villagers on his heals waving torches and pitchforks - goodness, to see that would be the price of admission.
    Roq is indeed the one-- and the only-- person potentially capable of making such a thing happen.

Which may mean that the torches & pitchforks crowd should be pursuing her, not me, but if they try to weigh her down and throw her in water, even though I have reason to believe that she wouldn't drown, there's going to be a pile of flaming villagers with pitchforks protruding from their rectums.
    Although, not protruding very much, if you follow my meaning.

Well, gotta see this, name the pub Stromberg2. "Rectum, damn near killed him!'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Roq is indeed the one-- and the only-- person potentially capable of making such a thing happen.

Which may mean that the torches & pitchforks crowd should be pursuing her, not me, but if they try to weigh her down and throw her in water, even though I have reason to believe that she wouldn't drown, there's going to be a pile of flaming villagers with pitchforks protruding from their rectums.
    Although, not protruding very much, if you follow my meaning.
    I don't think dunking stools were part of any FSC; however, I can't attest to any knowledge about pitchforks insertions.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    I don't think dunking stools were part of any FSC; however, I can't attest to any knowledge about pitchforks insertions.
    All of this talk of rectums & stools may eliminate any movement toward a FSC gathering.

I dunno.

Manrooter's old pals need to know they're welcome, too.

Might just double the turnout.

I would like a new place. I'll check my Inside Detroit bar list and get back on this. Ravine being there would be historic!

Stromberg2

All of this talk of rectums & stools may eliminate any movement toward a FSC gathering.
    Heh, I see what you did there.

even though I have reason to believe that she wouldn't drown
    I'm innocent I tell ya -- Innocent!

I wasn't going to say anything, it's beyond a groaner.